“Outstanding food and atmosphere...”
Review of Trabuxu Bistro

Trabuxu Bistro
Ranked #21 of 260 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Trabuxu Bistro is synonymous with exceptional quality; food, wine, service and ambience; incorporating the passion and promotion of art and culture into Malta's capital city. Trabuxu Bistro opened in 2010 and is jointly run by Kris and Krista Fenech Soler. Open for both lunch and dinner, the menu changes quarterly and features dishes comprised of fresh seasonal ingredients, hand selected by its experienced chefs. Regular specials are featured. Trabuxu Bistro does not accept patrons with children under the age of 12 years.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Go to Trabuxu. I went to the restaurant specifically, rather than the wine bar. The atmosphere is dark wood with antiques and charm. I was the lone tourist there for lunch. Ordering the grilled tuna I did not expect such a generous quantity of delicious food. As I waited for my tuna, out came marinated butter beans and bread. A huge portion of perfectly grilled tuna,sitting on a vegetable ragout, quickly followed accompanied by, salad, and fried potatoes. Everything, including the wine was outstanding. Portions are far lager than I expected. The bill was not. Great food, great atmosphere, great value.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Quite enjoyable, food served at a very reasonable time & well prepared! The atmosphere reminds me of a typical old bistro in it's glory years. I will definitely go back to try other dishes for sure.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Found this small restaurant, just off the main street, after a recommendation from the owner of the apartment we stayed in. Great welcome from John, what a character. Lots of choice on the menu with some of the fish dishes dependent on what had been caught earlier that day.

Impressed us so much the first time that we returned twice during our eleven day stay.

Particularily enjoyed the smoked salmon and shrimp starter and a sea-bass main course topped with some local rose wine. Also thought the brie and cranberry starter was excellent.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having visited Malta several times I was pleased that there was a restaurant that had a great food that expressed modern casual cuisine.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

One of the best food experiences I’ve ever had, made all the more enjoyable by the ever attentive and very funny John from the Basque region. Fresh clams in a delicate white wine sauce with perfectly cooked pasta followed with pink tuna fish crisp sauté potatoes and salad. To finish I indulged myself with a chocolate brownie and a delicious cinnamon ice-cream. The brownie could have been a tad gooier but the whole experience was so good I could forgive them. A very good wine list was on offer and not as expensive as one would imagine in a place of this calibre.