My wife and I have just returned from a 4 day stay at the Valletta Boutique. When we checked in at about 10 in the evening we found the staff to be very unhelpful and rude. When shown to our room we were left to get on with it, no explanation on how anything worked or that if we wanted air conditioning we would have to buy a card downstairs. I felt at one stage we had simply annoyed the girl who showed us to our room, just for checking in so late, even though I had sent an email in advance to alert them of our situation. At breakfast the next morning the same member of staff who had shown us to our room seemed quite put out when my wife asked for another coffee.
However the Hotel/House itself is very well kept and very clean, with clean towels in the room every day. And the location is fantastic, bang in the middle of town. You can walk every where within the city from here. Yes, you can hear the bells from St John's, but they are not that loud. Also have a look at the roof terrace with it's excellent views of Valletta
I travel quite a bit so I do get used to over worked and tired hotel staff and understand that they have off days, but I found this one member of staff to be exceptionally rude. Rude enough for me to actually bother to write a review on trip advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A design boutique located in the heart of Malta’s capital city Valletta, adjacent to St. John’s Co-Cathedral. Every room tells a different story. The rooms have maintained all of their original splendour and yet are designed in a way where old meets new. All rooms boast a quiet and original Maltese atmosphere, with thick walls and rich in charm. Some rooms enjoy overlooking views of St. John’s Co- Cathedral. All rooms have en-suite private toilets/ shower, flat screen TV and DVD, internet connection (small charge), mini bar, work desk, air conditioner (optional; maximum 5 Euro per day), fire alarm and heat sensor, hair dryer, iron/ iron board, access control door card, towels, bed sheets, telephone (direct dial local and overseas). Some rooms have connecting rooms. This family-run boutique offers a warm, friendly stay. It is located in a tranquil area, yet just footsteps away from a number of shops, open market, upper and lower Barakka, historic monuments, buildings and sites, museums, bus terminus and Grand Harbour.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luciano Valletta Boutique Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valletta Boutique Hotel Valletta
- Luciano Valletta Boutique Accommodation Malta