“Lovely restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant when we found ourselves in Valletta at lunchtime. We love Chinese food and thought it would make a nice Sunday lunch. The restaurant is small and was serviced by one waitress (although she was so fast, you wouldn't have thought she was doing it all herself). The decor is beautiful and well thought out.

The food is not cheap but it isn't expensive. I'm surprised by the person's review below who thought that the tea was expensive. We ordered a cup of jasmine tea each and it was only €2.50 per cup.

The restaurant has great tasting food, which is wonderfully presented. Unfortunately, it is not remotely authentic. We even had to ask for chopsticks and for the duck skin to be brought for our pancakes (it had been removed!). However, this did not make the food any less tasty. I guess it was aimed at a different audience.

I'd recommend the restaurant to anyone wanting great service, great food at a good price, and nice surroundings while you eat. Very enjoyable.

1  Thank LegallyB

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Blue Room was our saving grace for what was turning out to be the most expensive, uneventful vacation we have ever traveled. At this point we had not received any form of decent treatment and/or good food in Valletta until we stumbled across Blue Room. It was quiet, clean, the service was nice, and the food was hot and fresh! Yes, it is a little price and the portions are a little smaller than what we are accustomed, but we need to start eating decent size portions anyway, so I didn't have an issue with the serving size. Plus, the food was so good that I was completely satisfied at the end of my meal. Good save Blue Room. I almost hated food and service in Valletta.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Service was good, but the meal was pricey for what we received. We ordered the same main course, and it came in a shared pot (which is fine), however we could have easily eaten one of these each!! It was tasty enough though. We also ordered a jasmine tea each, which was more expensive than the beer.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Small restaurant with good choice of excellent tasty chinese dishes. Food came quickly and delivered by a very welcoming waitress. But beware the cellar is located in the middle of the restaurant and sometimes the hatch is open so keep a clear head !

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I visited this restaurant two times when I stayed at Valletta. I could get wonderful service and delicious dishes.