“Fantastic restaurant - highly recommend it”
Review of Il-Horza

Il-Horza
Ranked #61 of 234 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant - highly recommend it”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We discovered il-Horza on the recommendation of a friend and what a discovery. Tucked away in a side street in the beautiful capital city of Valletta il-Horza is a food lovers treat. A small but wonderfully laid out restaurant (so probably best to book if you want to go) I had the artichoke soup which was excellent and wonderfully presented, followed by the veal which again was delicious. I even managed to find room for a pudding of panacotta which was light and creamy. If you enjoy good food and wine, you should go there - I will definitely be going again and definitely telling all my foodie friends!

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
“A hidden gem in Valletta”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I can highly recommend Il-Horza (6, St. Christopher Street) as one of the top restaurants in Valletta. This hidden gem has only a few seats and provides a condensed menu selection where cooking is 'Art'. As a picture is worth a thousand words I would kindly refer to starwebmalta.com to get a great impression :-)
Cheers, Jos - Belgium

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JH-BE
Lviv, Ukraine
“The best food I have ever eat!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been in Malta one week and it was the best place for dinner. Food is so amazing! I have never eat anything seven similar (don't take me wrong - I have eat ravioli. But they never taste like that)! Ravioli with mushrooms were amazing, and pork cheeks was delicious. Owner was also very nice and told us many interesting stories and facts about Malta.
In fact food in il-Horza is expensive but it is worth of that. Definitely recommend to spent there special evening.

• Visited October 2013
Kalispell
“Fabulous even for those with allergies”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I am allergic to onions, all onions and I am use to getting a dry piece of protein once I ask if the chef can accommodate. At II-HORZA, I was immediately given several options that could be prepared without onions. Each course was a delightful surprise, perfectly seasoned. The menu changes nightly. It was a real treat. Can't wait to go back on our next visit to Valletta..

• Visited March 2014
Siggiewi, Malta
“Guarantee of a wonderful dining experience...time after time.”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We've been visiting il-Horza for the past 4 years and we were never disappointed. Excellent for business lunches, quiet evenings and also special occasions. Everything was just right! Keep it up!

• Visited February 2014