“Excellent potential!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Msida, Malta
“Excellent potential!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to this restaurant for her birthday. The venue is situated in a quiet side street in Valletta. The venue is small, quiet and cozy with a romantic rustic feel. There are probably not more than 8 tables so booking in advance is a must.
The choice of food including starters, main courses and desserts was not extensive however it was well balanced. I had the Black Angus rib eye which was superb and my girlfriend had the pork belly with dumplings and sausage which was also great. The food was served with seasoned vegetables and potatoes. The only down side was that whilst waiting, we were served with some warm sour dough bread without any condiments e.g. butter. Instead, the waiter offered olive oil. We then had a strawberry pannacotta for dessert which was refreshingly tasty and light.
The service was not bad, however our waiter could have worn pants instead of jeans and maybe been a bit nicer.
Conclusion:
Despite the excellent quality and quantity of the main courses, I would expect more (e.g. appetizers, better service, complimentary liqueur at the end of the meal) for the price I paid.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Island of Malta, Malta
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My bf and I decided to spend my birthday dinner at Il-Horza and it was a blast!
From the moment I have booked the reservation, I knew it would be wonderful.
The place is small and cosy; a good place for romantic dinner or a good chat!
I wanted to try different dishes than usual; as a starter I chose foie gras with pate and as main course Pork belly. Both dishes were tasty, all compliments to Chef Carlos! Even Dani was a great server and thanks to Charles Bone for their hospitality!
Can't wait for the next visit, keep up the good work!

• Visited December 2013
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

An excellent dining experience. Food and service were excellent. Menu is somewhat limited but you can rest assured that the food is genuine and fresh! I would suggest this restaurant to anyone who loves food! The service was also very good. I will re-visit very soon!

1 Thank clive2401
Mosta, Malta
“Not just dinner but an experience”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I had a special occasion to celebrate and, having heard about it for quite a while, we decided to try out Il-Horza.
I can only say that dinner there rendered the special occasion all the more special. The setting is very romantic, the service is impeccable and the food and wine simply exquisite.
Maybe not the cheapest of restaurants, though we got quite a discount to go with our occasion, but every cent spent there is most definitely worth it.

Valletta, Malta
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited this very cosy restaurant a few times now with a great ambiance and always Fantastic seasonal Food .
The great thing about this place is all the food placed in front of you is all made in house by people very passionate about what they do, with out cutting any corners what so ever which is clearly evident in the food presented.My fav Valletta restaurant where the food does the talking .

Visited March 2014