“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cordial Restaurant - CLOSED

Cordial Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At Cordial Restaurant, Chef Cyrille cooks with the passion and the genuine love expressing tradition, culture and delicacy in her food and dishes. Our menu changes according to the fresh local produce ,our mission is to serve food the old traditional way cooked a la minute and bursting with flavours and originality.Chef Cyrille has been delighting clients for the last 25 years, acquiring diversity with extensive travelling and having worked in kitchens world wide. Under her patronage Cordial restaurant has been flourishing for the last seven years.At Cordial the satisfaction of our clients is the successful fullfilment of all the staff that are there to give a magical dining experience.
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Found down a side street from the square it has cosy atmosphere, friendly staff - the chef came to speak to us - the food was amazing, yummy freshmade pasta.
Definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Must visit this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant and found the whole experience brilliant. The fish soup in particular was right up there with the very best I have tasted, in fact I cannot recall what else we ate I was so blown away by the soup. My view - if in Valetta it is an absolute no brainer you just have to visit this restaurant. Great atmosphere, great service and as I said just divine soup!

• Visited November 2012
Dalton, United Kingdom
“Entertaining little place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Cordial seemed to have an African/Mediterainian theme going on & with only around 8 tables was quite exclusive. The food was glorius as was the wine and the hostess made you feel so welcome. Highly recommend.

Visited September 2013
Como, Italy
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and read all the reviews including the bad ones and decided to make our own mind up as the menu sounded lovely and we were not disappointed.

Sometimes you wonder who makes these bad reviews, as I could find absolutely nothing to fault this restaurant on. Even the names used in one of them were not the names of the people working there, so maybe they were reviewing another restaurant all together?

In the summer seating is outside on a lovely sloping pedestrian side road in the main shopping area, so very easy to find and very quaint! I winter, there is a small inside dining room. So I would recommend that you book

The menu changes daily and is displayed outside on a board, so just walk past or call up to see what delights are in store for you before you book.

The owner, Rose greeted us personally as we arrived and showed us to our table and then spent a great deal of time explaining the menu to us and taking our order, before advising on wines to accompany the meal.

We were then given some delicious locally produced olive oil and some home-made bread to set us off. A very nice touch.

The meal itself was superb and excellent value - I had a huge fish soup with a whole sea bass in it, as well as shell-fish - it was amazing. My husband opted for a simple steak (not on the menu), as we arrived late and the duck breast was already finished, so Rose did this especially for him. He too thought it was delicious.

Rose and Cyrille (the chef) pride themselves on using the best fresh, local produce, hence the menu is different every day, depending on what is available. Even their wines and olive oils are sourced from small, local producers.

Dessert (even though we didn't really have room) was too good to miss and freshly baked and piping hot from the oven - the best tarte tatin I have ever had!

The chef, Cyrille then came out as well to chat with the diners and make sure that everyone had enjoyed their meal.

A very personal service, great attention to detail and superb food - what else can you ask for?

• Visited September 2013
Senglea, Malta
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I like to try new food and new places. I knew about this restaurant, but never went there for a meal, so I decided to try this out. We went as a couple and were seated at our pre-booked table. This is a small establishment so booking, especially for weekends is recommended. As a starter we rook bread with prawns, which was simply amazing. For the main course I took a mushroom and asparagus risotto which was heavenly. My girlfriend took a seabass with Maltese Sauce which was so tender and moist, that you wished that it never finished. Service was very fast, food fresh and staff was very friendly. We will sure visit this restaurant again.

Visited September 2013