“lovely meal and service”

Anglo Maltese League
Ranked #142 of 284 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have this evening had a lovely meal at the Anglo Maltese League restaurant in Malta, Both the food and the service were excellent. Our Angus rib eye steaks were every bit as good a those we had in Scotland. Karl was attentive and ensured that our steaks were cooked as requested. The ambience was good and the wine accompanied the meal very well. We also very much enjoyed our post meal liquer. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Margaret F

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on our first evening in Malta so we had no expectations of food quality. With tables in one of the main thoroughfares in Valletta, it seems to rely on passing, gullible tourists. We had the lampuki on the recommendation of the waiter. It was meant to be grilled, but looked as if it had been attacked with a flame thrower!!! All in all, a memorable dining experience for the wrong reasons. Would not go back.

1  Thank daveman999
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Worst meal in11 day holiday to malta. Fish supposedly baked but appearance and taste of having been stewed. Husband's roast beef literally swimming in gravy. Roasted potatoes sitting in a fluid/stock and vegetables appeared stewed and had almost no flavour. Despite being hungry on arrival, I left most of my dinner.

1  Thank frances515
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was the first time my Dad and I visited this restaurant. I had the lampuki and my Dad had grilled Chicken. My lampuki was delicious but my Dad found his chicken was on the dry and overdone side of things, making it difficult for him chew.
Everything else was fine. I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

It has been two years since our last trip to Malta, but because we had such a good meal in the Anglo Maltese during previous visits, it was inevitably on our itinerary once again. We were not disappointed. My wife prefers seafood, and she was not disappointed by either the size or quality of the portion. During our time on the island we visited three times, and I tended to select more randomly from the menu. I chose rabbit (excellent), the Lampuki was well grilled but slightly small, and the stuffed courgette was tasty and filling. The various veg's and salads that accompanied these dishes were always most enjoyable, and the chips and sauteed potatoes were plentiful and delicious. In short, Top of our favourites remains the Bebbux, or snail stew! Not for everybody I know, but for afficionados you are in for a treat here!! I would recommend this little restaurant to anybody who wants good, honest Maltese food at very reasonable cost. We always to choose to eat inside, which is both cooler and quieter than the outside facility.