“Very Pleasant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was the first time my Dad and I visited this restaurant. I had the lampuki and my Dad had grilled Chicken. My lampuki was delicious but my Dad found his chicken was on the dry and overdone side of things, making it difficult for him chew.
Everything else was fine. I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

It has been two years since our last trip to Malta, but because we had such a good meal in the Anglo Maltese during previous visits, it was inevitably on our itinerary once again. We were not disappointed. My wife prefers seafood, and she was not disappointed by either the size or quality of the portion. During our time on the island we visited three times, and I tended to select more randomly from the menu. I chose rabbit (excellent), the Lampuki was well grilled but slightly small, and the stuffed courgette was tasty and filling. The various veg's and salads that accompanied these dishes were always most enjoyable, and the chips and sauteed potatoes were plentiful and delicious. In short, Top of our favourites remains the Bebbux, or snail stew! Not for everybody I know, but for afficionados you are in for a treat here!! I would recommend this little restaurant to anybody who wants good, honest Maltese food at very reasonable cost. We always to choose to eat inside, which is both cooler and quieter than the outside facility.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not knowing where to go (smartphones from US not turned on) we settled for eating on Merchant St. outside. We wanted to try local food so ordered lampuki and the rabbit stew. The lampuki was over-cooked and a bit small, while the rabbit meat in the stew was boney and gristley. I have since had rabbit with more meat on fewer bones. We had house wine which was ok for us. We felt the bill was high for value, but perhaps you pay for eating in the middle of merchant st. We have since learned to look up restaurants on Trip Advisor before leaving our flat which has wi-fi.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had two lovely meals at this restaurant in Valletta, both very nice local fish dishes.
Thank you Karl and the chef.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped here randomly while walking through Valletta. The menu looked similar to most others and the restaurant had a nice outdoor seating area.

We ordered the seafood pasta, grilled fish of the day, and the recommended red wine. Nothing was bad, nor was nothing particularly exceptional. The seafood in the pasta did not taste particularly fresh, the fish was a bit chewy, and the wine was drinkable but not remarkable.

This is not a bad choice, but think better options are available at a similar price point in Valletta.