All reviews cheeky monkey coffee machine gastro pub merchant street boutique hotel quad room interesting concept the location is perfect stay there again beautiful hotel big bathroom maltese balcony your doorstep great boutique superior room walking distance top floor
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

We wanted a relaxing city break and this was the perfect choice. Very well located only yards away from the centre of Valletta.
The hotel is well hidden with just a door onto Merchants Street. Inside however is a very stylish entry hall. Our room was as if out of a design magazine with very large double bed. The furnishings were very chic and black/grey industrial.
The bathroom was very large with a very good range of toiletries supplied. The shower was large with very stylish fittings. The temperature control was however a little sensitive.
Breakfast was a buffet or full cooked English and served in the Cheeky Monkey bar/restaurant next door. It was a little cosy as the tables were close together.
There was a good range of restaurants within a very short distance as were many of the main attractions of Valletta
Very enjoyable few days break

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed February 11, 2019

It's an interesting concept, the windows from the rooms are looking into the main atrium, not outside. Although that makes it quieter at nights (i suppose), it's not good for fresh air (or rather lack of it). The AC is quite though, the bed pleasantly firm, and the overall impression is very lovely, with some seriously nice touches such as fresh lime water available near entry/exit, big TV and a really good in-house eating place.
You could see the age starting to show in the little things, but that didn't discourage me at all, and may be problematic only for the most pedantic of travelers

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2019

The people at the reception were very nice, and very helpful.
The hotel is new, the rooms were modern and very clean with a wonderful bed and linens.
The hotel is very well located, walking distance from restaurants and main sites.

Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here for a 2 nights after booking the hotel via booking.com last minute. The hotel is situated quite central, close to the harbour and all the attractions. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well.
I personally loved the place and I wouldn’t stay elsewhere if I come back. The room was impeccable, situated at level 4, big and nicely decorated, with a large bed and a beautiful spacious bathroom. The view was towards the patio. Only the rooms situated at level 5 have a balcony and a view towards the street but they were not available when I booked.
The place is quite new and everyone is very friendly and welcoming. The check in was quick and I was explained everything I needed to know about the hotel and my stay.
I have read reviews that it can be noisy but it wasn’t at all.
The breakfast was also very good with multiple choices and the coffee was excellent.
I would definitely stay again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2019

Prior to booking i emailed the hotel about the type of room i need to book to get a furnished outside balcony. I was told all deluxe rooms had furnished outdoor balconies and where on the higher floors. The superior rooms had enclosed Maltese balconies, this is what i did not want. I also did not want to be allocated on the lower floors as some of the reviews note noise from the Cheeky Monkey.
After i received a reply explaining the room types i booked a deluxe room, i also added a note to my booking reminding the hotel of my request. When we arrived at the hotel we stood outside for 4/5 minutes as the receptionist was on the phone so was unable to answer the intercom and buzz us in. As we arrived at 1pm we were told the room was not ready and we had to return at 3pm. The receptionist was reluctant at issue a key card to enable us to get back in prior to checking in at 3pm, however we did eventually get one.
On arrival back to the hotel we were shown to a first floor superior room and told we had been upgraded. I replied that this is not the room i booked and not what we wanted. I was told this was the only room available. The room was very nice, although the Maltese balcony windows did not close fully and that made the evenings and during the night very noisy, in addition the hotel is two doors away from an Indian restaurant and the strong smell of indian food was constant in the room.
The room could have been cleaner, the bathroom mirror and taps had not been cleaned properly, places missed. The coffee machine was not replenished properly each day and we had to call room service each time to request the pods. Staff were limited too, there seemed to be a shortage of staff and a wait for whatever you requested.
Considering this hotel is rated and reviewed highly by Mr & Mrs Smith i was very disappointed. Had we had the booked room and been allocated higher up the majority of issues would not have occurred. Not somewhere we would stay again.

Room tip: The deluxe rooms have outdoor balconies, the superior have enclosed Maltese balconies.