“Tasty Sicilian”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

First visit to this friendly Sicilian Restaurant in beautiful Valletta, but it won't be my last. The service was attentive and food divine! Lovely small plates, raw fish and fresh, perfectly cooked Cipullazza (scorpion fish) made for a memorable meal. The décor could be better, but it's all about the food.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Familiar Italian dishes done very well. Charming service and a cosy location. I wish I had had time for a second visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

the food, the service, the ambience is all great, would have got a 5 if the chef had warmed the plates as it was a cold evening and had to change the table we chose due to a cold draught. Another suggestion to the staff is not to accept young children in the evening... highly annoying having a whining toddler next to you when they should be in bed!

1  Thank VallettaYozhik
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went last Saturday for Dinner at La Giara and I must say it was a great dining experience. Anna is very cordial and welcoming. The free brischetta and olive pate bread were the most welcome as we very hungry. My stuffed Calamari and my husbands seafood spaghetti were delicious and also in good portion. When I asked Anna for chicken nuggets for our daughter I was pleased when Anna told me that they do chicken breast with batter and Anna was happy to bake them rather than having them deep fried. Very good service and child friendly staff.
Will certainly recommend and we will be visiting again when in Valletta.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I went for a light lunch at La Giara. The chef and his wife Anna used to serve at Del Capo, which was in Sliema and now its closed......where we used to visit often. So I really wanted to find this restaurant. The food at La Giara is just as good. The pasta dishes are very good. As well as fish. The restaurant is all the way down Republic street.....it forms part of Casa Rocca Piccola.
The atmosphere is quite relaxed and the ambience and decor is lovely. Worth visiting.

1  Thank Mirbog