“Mediterranean cuisine @ it's best!”
Review of La Mere Restaurant

La Mere Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 250 Restaurants in Valletta
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Mère is tucked away past the old 'Suq Tal' Belt'. Rustic wooden tables blend with Middle Eastern décor, matching the unique theme of two great cuisines - Indian and Middle Eastern. A small, intimate dining area, and flickering candles, give a warm, homely feel. However, the tables are spaced enough that you do not feel cramped. Servers are attentive and knowledgeable on the wide choice available in the menu. Here, our desire is to present a repertoire of authentic dishes, bursting with flavour, certainly a multi-sensory experience. The menu offers a broad selection of starters, allowing you to whet your palate with a Lebanese spiced lamb sausage, or enjoy mussels and chorizo in coconut milk. Mains are similarly varied, giving you a choice of curries, or perhaps king prawns or lamb chops cooked in the tandoor. Our new menu also presents a selection of main dishes with a fusion twist, such a marinated filet of fish wrapped in banana leaf. There is also a good choice of vegetarian, vegan, lactose and gluten free options. Besides we have introduced a menu degustation, an extensive wine list, cocktails and whiskeys and a broad selection of homemade desserts such as chocolate filled samosas with mango and coconut, assorted baklava, pistachio and ricotta briouats with halva ice-cream.
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

In this restaurant u go back in time! Food with authentic touch served in Moroccan dishes & well prepared. Service excellent & good value for money.
As always, I will definitely go back!

KR

Ray

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Delicious food, been many a time and always consistent. Only one complaint, one time we arrived 20 mins prior to our booking (staff were inside but door was locked as we were their first booking), and we were asked to wait outside. It was new years eve and freezing. Very unlike their usual service tho...
I've forgiven them and will definitely be back :-)
Cosy, great prices, great menu....one of my top 10 in malta

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fantastic food and great service.Prices are affordable as well. I fell i love with the food. Makes you wann marry the cook so beware if you're taking your gf or wife ;)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our wedding anniversary meal was here and we were really happy with our choice. Food is a choice of Asian, Indian, Arabic and maybe others I can't remember. All I know is I was spoilt for choice. Even though it was busy the waitress made us feel important and valued. The decor was lovely. Best of all tho there is formats you can bring your own bottle! Fab idea.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I came across La Mere walking to the market one day. Now, I'm the kind of girl who loves to review before diving in. That being said, as we walked by, this glorious, wonderful aroma filled the air. The unmistakable smell of curry and naan bread. We immediately made reservations and let me tell you it tastes even better than it smells which I thought nearly impossible. Their chicken tikka masala is one of the most delightful chicken tikkas I've ever had the pleasure of devouring. Oh and I can't even explain how perfect their naan bread is. Just...A++ Definitely can't forget the baba ghanoush either, it is right on the money.
Not only is their food superb but so is their service. We've been here about 5-6 times and they're so wonderful each and every time. Even when they were packed the food came out incredibly fast. I can not say enough about how wonderful La Mere is. The decor is also really lovely. It's small, yes, but that's one of the reasons I like it. Very cozy and great for date night or really any other night. Did I mention that you can bring your own wine?? Yep. That too. I recommend this place a thousand times over. Fan-tas-tic!

1  Thank geauxlsu87