“Beautiful view”

Ranked #32 of 246 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rampila boasts a menu where Maltese, Mediterranean and International cuisines are prepared and presented in creative and tempting ways. Whether a beautiful and memorable lunch or dinner experience, or just drinks on the terrace you will not be disappointed. Rampila offers a truly unique atmosphere when dining both indoors or out and is definitely the only location of its kind in Malta.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant is a little hard to find, what with the construction going on in the Old City, however, their terrace is wonderful, and the indoor dining areas are interesting as well. Maltese food is copious. Do not order too much, but whatever you order is delicious.

There are newer reviews for Rampila

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The setting in the Ramparts of Valletta is just amazing and is matched by the food quality and the efficiency of the Staff.
I would say that this is more of a 'top end' restaurant so prices are slightly higher than a lot of other restaurants in the City.
I wouldn't hestitate to return.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was really anticipating this restaurant and although the food was excellent I found the service to be at best indifferent and a bit aloof to be honest.
We chose to skip desert in the end and head back to the hotel as we had had some fairly long waits for the main course so decided to give it a miss.
It's a great location and looks fantastic inside but I was just a little underwhelmed.
Maybe I was spoiled the previous night by dining at the incredible Palazzo Precco I'm not really sure!
My partner had tried to organise a birthday cake or similar to celebrate my 40th prior to arrival and they were not really helpful or accommodating either.
Saying that I'd give it another go if in Valletta as maybe we had a bad night and it was just one of those evening!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a four night trip to Malta. We stayed at the lovely Phoenicia Hotel. On our first night, we were fortunate to spot the Rampila terrace from a distance as we started down Republic Street.

We dined at Rampila for 3 out of 4 nights. We were never disappointed. We sat - same table every night - on the terrace which looks towards the Opera House building restoration.

The menu is eclectic and includes some specials on every evening. The food is very well presented with very adequate portions and was served by different, polite and helpful staff on each evening.

A visitor looking for somewhere nice to eat every evening need look no further than this restaurant

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice location on a terrace just inside the Gates of Valletta.
The food was well presented and of a good standard. It was not overpriced in comparison to other good restaurants in the city.
The service at the table was a little slow but we were out for the evening and enjoyed the sun setting.
We would definitely visit again on our return to Valletta.

1  Thank Martin S