“Disappointed”

Ranked #33 of 247 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rampila boasts a menu where Maltese, Mediterranean and International cuisines are prepared and presented in creative and tempting ways. Whether a beautiful and memorable lunch or dinner experience, or just drinks on the terrace you will not be disappointed. Rampila offers a truly unique atmosphere when dining both indoors or out and is definitely the only location of its kind in Malta.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been to Rampila before (before the major Valletta constructions started) and was really impressed . The excebition is really worth visiting and the food and ambience were quite satisfactory. We were seated outside for lunch, which was very nice.
Now many months later.........seeing the adverts on Facebook - meaning it was nearly back to normal, I visited again this January 2013. The place was empty and there was only a man. He told us to stay inside ( which I find is quite dark for Lunch). Anyway , the service was very poor. We asked for the usual Lady that is usually there, and he said she was abroad. He seemed lost.
I am very sorry I had to change my very good opinion I had before. It's a pity, but I don't think I would be visiting again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was recommended this restaurant by the concierge at The Phoenicia and ended up eating here twice whilst on holiday in Valetta as we both enjoyed it the first time round.

The restaurant itself has an outside terrace overlooking the city walls which is lovely to sit at in the evening. Despite there being building works on the city walls that didn't detract from the overall experience.

Had the Risotto the first time and duck the second time for main dishes and both were nice (especially the duck!). I also ecco a previous reviewers comments about the calamari starter which was excellent. If anything I would say the deserts I had were the weakest of the courses.

Waitress was friendly and the service was quick. Overall I don't think I could fault Rampila.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stumbled in at the end of December, having found virtually all restaurants closed or full on a Sunday night.

Nice room cut into the stones of the fortress, with very good and reasonably priced food. Is twinned with D'Office but we found the food better at Rampila

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have been to Rampila a few times and will keep going back. The restaurant is truly a unique experience. First time i went, we ate in the Tunnel restaurant. Food was 5 star and service also. Second time had the pleasure of sitting outside on the terrace and the view and ambience was increadible. food was great again the second time round. Also had the pleasure of seeing the museum inside, truly a work of art. Apparently it was all built by one man over the span of a decade. Truly an unforgettable experience. Definetly would recommend

Reviewed January 12, 2013

It was a really good restaurant; food was great (I had the chicken, while my better half had the tortellini) and very reasonably priced. The service was great too, as was the atmosphere. Our table was a bit too close to the kitchen for our liking, but other than that, it was a lovely experience at a restaurant I'd definitely recommend.