“Excellent Authenbtic Maltese Cuisine in the heart of Sliema.”
Review of Il-Merill

Il-Merill
Ranked #7 of 194 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A typical Maltese family run restaurant. Been there with my family and it was a truly enjoyable experience. Overall the restaurant is very clean and the staff are amazingly friendly. The food was excellent and there was a decent wine selection. My wife and I had a delicious rabbit cooked in a typical Maltese sauce and the children had pasta. We tasted the Merill Speciality pasta and it was simply appitizing. This is a restaurant with a reasonably priced menu and excellent value for money in a nice quiet area of Sliema. This is an excellent restaurant and not to be missed. Apparently this restaurant is run by new managment where food and service are top shef. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Located up a side street off The Strand in Sliema, this restaurant could easily slip your attention. But inside the small, family-run business there is a passion for food. We met and spoke with owner and chef Patrick Pace, who assured my husband that the secret behind the BBQ ribs was a secret recipe from his mother. Can't really probe too much after that, can you?

The ribs were almost like a rib cage, the amount there was, and my husband literally spent the rest of the evening talking about them. I had a more modest cajun chicken dish which was extremely tasty. The staff were friendly, helpful and obviously cared a great deal about their service. My husband and I couldn't praise them highly enough and I'd recommend this to anyone. I can't say that you get delicate, dainty dishes- the food is large, tasty and hearty (but not stodgy)- just great food, cooked by someone whose hobby has turned into a fantastic business.

Please, visit this place- you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not a lot to dislike, good food, good company. The menu is somewhat limited but that's probably not a bad thing. The garlic rabbit particularly good

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My work colleagues and I are always on the look out for places to meet and eat. When we heard that Il-Merill was under new management, we thought we would try it out. We were not disappointed!!
The rustic style is very welcoming, the staff are extremely friendly and were constantly making sure that we were topped up with wine and water, the chef and owner Patrick was great, he came over and introduced himself, discussed the menu with us and how the dishes were cooked. He has a true passion for what he does and it shows, the food was exquisite. We were all very happy with our selections and would definately go again. I recommend it to anyone who loves good food. ***** 5 stars for Il-Merill.

1  Thank foodlover15081990
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We visited in March 2012 and amid the wind, rain, average hotels, hidden away on a side street just around the corner from Zara, M&S & BHS, we found this gem. The family who run it were fantastic. Really friendly, food lovely including the starter they brought (chopped tomato, onion on little squares of toast). Wine was limited selection but was inexpensive and food portions very good. Would definately visit again.