“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
kent
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

5 girls stayed for 3 nights in 3 different rooms. We paid a very cheap price through Travel Republic so weren't sure what to expect but it was brilliant. The hotel upgraded us to balcony rooms. Huge rooms with plenty of room for a desk and armchair. Pretty balcony - we could just about spot the sea from the 3rd floor. Spotless. All the staff were really friendly and helpful with information, and booking cabs and chasing them up when they were late without us having to ask. They also provided 1 of us with a breakfast at 5.00am. Breakfast generally was good too.
The hotel is only about 5 minutes walk from the front, where the boats and ferries go from so very convenient. The best restaurant in Slieme (L'Artist) is also only about 5 minutes walk away.
There were only 2 downsides. The bathroom - and toilet doors don't go down to the floor so there's not a lot of privacy. It may be stylish but not so practical! And there was a church outside our balcony with bells which tolled every quarter hour, all through the night at the weekend or so it seemed. That gave us a pretty view but a bit noisy!
All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jackie95
Rev_Manager, Operations Executive at The Palace, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Jackie95,

On behalf of the management and staff of The Palace I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely glad to hear that you and your friends have enjoyed your stay with us. As detailed by yourself kind The Palace is situated in the heart of Sliema yet 5 minutes away from a lovely promenade which leads to either St. Julians or Manuel Island.

The management is also pleased to hear that the staff went out of their way to ensure a maximum in customer satisfaction.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Palace in the near future.

jonathan.pisani@axhotelsmalta.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (983)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last year I wrote a review, little did I know it would be voted number 1 in Sliema. I'm not surprised, yes not the largest hotel, but at 200 beds (approx) it offers outstanding value, stunning views from the roof top pool area and the 360 Restaurant (which I used this trip.. see my review) and the service.... it is undeniably 5 Star plus.
This trip I stayed for 8 days, and as my work takes we though Malta every 6 to 8 weeks, I wanted a holiday and as the other hotels I have stayed at in Malta did not meet my expectations, I decided that the Place was for me.
Room & house keeping.... outstanding, great service, polished performance, clean rooms and everything in its place.
Room with a view, yes 7th floor. Note that you can upgrade to a higher floor if you want to. Ask at check-in.
Hotel overall. Busy yet quiet (and its the low season), lots of staff but not in your face, Front desk, always a smile and nothing is to much trouble.
Management. over the last year plus and being a regular, I have got to know them and they me. They are keen to find out if I had any comments, good or bad, so they could improve the service. Always a good point for me.
Breakfast, Dinner & the restaurant... Great food, well presented and lots of it. Efficient waiter service, again with a smile and with good humour.
Kitchen staff and the catering... Always the bridesmaid... never seen, but you know when they are not there.... Great food... and the Exec Chef, Joseph, puts in the occasional appearance.
Hotel location... 5 mins walk you are at the water front for the 'hop on hop off' buses.... used these buses to see the sites. Get a book guide and also ask at reception, they will tell you the local secrets on how to see the other part of the country.
Finally the bar..... as good if not better than your local back at home, the staff are relaxed, smiling and have a great sense of humour.. plus they remember your drink....
Overall, a wonder holiday.... would I return again.... yes.. there is so much more of Malta left to see, and the holiday is made because you have great accommodation, so you can concentrate on enjoying yourself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brich57
Dear Brich57,

Thank you for enthrusting The Palace on a second occassion. You have been kind enough to dedicate some of your time to compliment us on the service we have provided during your stay, which we truly appreciate.

The Management is extremely glad to hear that your second stay was even better that the first. Our aim is to Provide, Achieve and Improve Quality service on every day basis thus rest assured that come your third visit, will be even better.

I shall personally forward your comments with my colleagues. Look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights to celebrate a 'special' birthday. I had notified the hotel of this event and they, very kindly, gave us a more superior room, which was spacious and had a great view. We also received a surprise bottle of wine on the day - very thoughtful. The bed was super comfy with a choice of different types of pillows. Breakfasts were good, a vast array of food to choose from. We ate there one evening and had a most enjoyable buffet.
There was a problem with our shower hose, but I mentioned it to our cleaner & it was fixed by the time we returned later.
We did think there was a bit of a safety issue in the swimming pool, walking to it across the wet floor was very slippery (obviously flipflops would have been the answer had we had any with us). Apart from that it was most enjoyable and the staff couldn't do enough to help you. Well done.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more likely to have a view of the sea, however there is a church next door and the...
Imelda14,

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at The Palace on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, we are also glad that all your requests prior to the reservation have been carefully attended too.

Further to your comments regarding the Indoor Pool we always encourage our guests to use the slippers provided in our rooms.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

No Faults, a truly great stay. The staff are super friendly, after 3 weeks business stay I am able to flag up issues and I cannot I am back in March and April and planning to use the hotel for the remainder of the year. Five Stars, keep it up!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan B
Rev_Manager, Operations Executive at The Palace, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Alan B,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us. You have been kind enough to dedicate some of your time to compliment us on the service we have provided during your stay, which we truly appreciate.

Our ultimate objective is to serve and satisfy you with your expectations. It is in fact only through your comments and suggestions that we may achieve what we are striving for.

Whilst thanking you for your lovely words and praise, I encourage you to contact us at any time for any help you might need in making any future bookings for your next visit in Malta. All the team will surely give their utmost to give you the 5 star service which we constantly strive for.

On behalf of all the management and staff at The Palace, I would like to thank you once again for your comments and suggestions.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for future reservations.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel facilities were good, as you would expect from a five star. The location within sliema was excellent with easy access to all the local shops, restaurants and bars. The staff were all very professional and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ben N,

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to thank you for sharing you experience with us at The Palace on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to Provide, Achieve and Improve Quality Service on a daily basis.

We look forward to welcome you back with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me for future reservations

Best Regards

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

stayed at the Palace for nine days in feb 2013 b&b ,the breakfast was very good a great selection to suit all tastes .The room was quite spacious and comfortable.The only faults were the shower screen on the bath ( impossible to shower without flooding the bathroom floor) and on the t.v.other than bbc world news the only english channel was discovery.The staff were very efficient in particular one rather tall manager (dont know his name) who dealt with a lady in the bar who was loud and very much the worse for drink in a polite manner so as not to offend her or cause any upset to other guests in the bar.Also on our departure when our transport to the airport never arrived the manager on duty telephoned on our behalf to get a replacement vehicle which I am pleased to say got us to the airport just in time for our flight.

Room Tip: if you want a room with a view over Malta upgrade to a room on the 6th floor or above
Dear k7pne,

On behalf of my colleagues I would like to thank you for taking some of your precious time in sharing your experience at The Palace on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. With reference to the bath shield runner I can confirm that we discussed the issue during the operations meeting to ensure that such inconvenience is not repeated.

On a personal note I would like to thank you with reference to the inconvenience which was being caused on that particular evening at the bar.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Palace.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed for a week with my wife from 05.02.13 in room 341. The location is very convenient with a 10-minute walk to the half-hourly ferry to Valetta. The location is in the characterful side streets of Sliema, on a small hill with great views from the upper floors across the harbour to Valetta, which is flood-lit at night. The staff were very well-trained and courteous and the room well-equipped with a huge double bed, bath, walk-in shower and balcony with partial sea-view. Of the two restaurants the Asian themed one on the top floor was the best with great food. (ask for a table with the view across the harbour). The only slight criticism would be that the indoor pool was rather small and a bit shallow and some of the decs in there needed attention, but overall it was great value for money.

Room Tip: South-east facing rooms have the best views towards valetta. An upgrade was offered, for 25 euro per...
3 Thank nick s
Rev_Manager, Operations Executive at The Palace, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Nick S,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us during your visit to Malta. You have been kind enough to dedicate some of your time to compliment us on the service we have provided you with, which we truly appreciate.

Looking forward to hosting you again.

jonathan.pisani@axhotelsmalta.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
The Victoria Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,790 reviews
Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa

Been to The Palace? Share your experiences!