115 The Strand Hotel and Suites
Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel(Sliema)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,408 results
All reviewssea viewself cateringrooftop restauranttop floorthe busmanoel islandlate at nightsliema harbourbars and restaurantspublic transportlocal busesrestaurant staffsmall balconyapartmentmaltagzirakitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Spent four nights at the Strand in September 2011 and found the room we had to be small, especially the bathroom but clean, if a little dated. We had a basic room, which overlooked a dingy ventelation shaft but considering the amount of time we spent in the room, that didn't matter too much. What did matter was being situated right under the dining room and being woken up very early by a series of bangs and clatters as they prepared the room for breakfast. On the subject of breakfast, it was fine but not a great choice.

Silema itself is very lively, plenty of late night bars open and this hotel is in a good location, right by the harbour and with easy access to Valetta. I would stay here again but this time I'd make sure we had a room with a view.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bridget B, Director of Sales at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2016

Dear Guest

We really appreciate the time you've taken to give us feedback on your stay with us. Whilst thanking you for your lovely comments we apologise if the stay was not to your full expectations.

We at 115 the Strand Hotel & Suites do our utmost to ensure our guests are comfortable in their rooms, in fact we have just renovated the whole hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at 2 rooms at 115 The Strand. First one was a seaview room, and because we extended our stay at the last minute, we had to move to an "inside room".

The view from the seaview room (6th floor) really is AMAZING! The room though a good size, is very basic. I guess like the other reviewers said, "you get what you pay for". I know they cleaned the room and everything but somehow the bathroom just didn't feel "super clean". Not sure what it is. Didn't have any bug or roach problems though. We couldn't get wifi signal from our room, but we logged into the hotel next door's wifi with the same login details (internet service provided by the same company). Overall, if you want a great view and you don't care much for "luxury", this place is great value for money.

Our second room though (the inside room on the 7th floor) was very near the elevator and it got way too loud. The other guest were so rowdy (not the hotel's fault I know) and we could hear them so clearly. That means the walls can be really thin. Worse is because the elevator area gets a lot of human traffic. We could also hear a lot of noise coming from the 8th floor restaurant, I'm guessing the clanging of the dishes and people chattering. The room was really small too and overall I'm glad we only had to stay in this room for one night.

I liked the location though. Wouldn't want to stay in rowdy St. Juliens, or Valetta that is dead at night. I didn't get to go to Bugibba so I can't compare.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taniamnor

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I spent 4 nights in this quite depressing hotel. A tiny room with view of old broken down neighbouring properties. It a very noisy hotel with the all night pomp working. The earplugs didn't help.

There is no kettle or fridge and you had to pay deposit for TV controller. The whole place had an air of depression, even the guests didn't smile very much. The safe required a key not the usual code number type therefore you had to carry your safe key everywhere with you.

Must say that the Reception Staff were lovely and very helpful. I got another room but it was as bad as firstone.

This is is to bad even voor a 3 star hotel; I will never do that again!

Malta is to crowded. The beautiful roman buildings are buildin the ugly new buildings. It lost it's identity. I'm not impressed with Malta.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Jadranka1912
Bridget B, Director of Sales at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your experiences.

We are very sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I will pass on all your comments to the prospective departments so that we can work out all the issues mentioned in your review.

We do hope that we are given another opportunity to proof a better service especially since we have recently renovated our hotel.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks and while I have rated this hotel as average there are some positives,
The view from the roof terrace,the jacuzzi also on the roof, the cafe bar and gift shop and its location.the excellent room cleaning staff and dining room staff
The negatives no water pressure so you need to run about in the shower to get wet,rooms are small and could do with updating ,the pay TV as the day rate is based on 9am to 9pm (last time I looked there were 24 hrs in a day).
The breakfasts are identical every day so you tend not to bother,if you got this hotel at the right price then on balance as I say you get what you pay for,if however you booked this hotel via the hotel website and paid the advertised rates then you were short changed
You don't need an early morning call just leave it to the cockerel that lives behind the hotel.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

After coming on trip advisor I was quite dubious about staying here, especially looking at some of the pictures of cockroaches!!! well do not for a second be put off, I was really happy I stayed here! your in a really really good location, close to Valetta, St Julians....theres bus stops right outside the hotel! Its basic but clean and the kitchenette bit is really handy...the only downfall was the breakfast....it was just basically toast or cereal but again you get what you pay for...I'd DEFINATLY stay here again but maybe just get room only

2  Thank tj49

Thank you for your lovely review.

It is always our pleasure to provide our guests with the best service possible and I am glad to know that you experienced just that. I'm sure that the rest of our team will be delighted to read such a great review.

It would be a pleasure to host you once again in the near future at 115 the Strand Hotel & Suites as we have also renovated the property.

Thanks & Regards,