“Ideal for the 2 of us.”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Seafront Pad

sea view from living room
sandy beach just 20 yards across the street living room open area with wall to wall marble
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
sandy beach just 20 yards across the street
living room open area with wall to wall marble
Hilton Tower and St. Julian's bay view from balcony
dining & fully equipped kitchen
one double bedroom
marble luxury in bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and bidet
promenade to Spinola Bay for your gourmet adventures
take direct bus from your door step to Golden Bay
or to Paradise Bay
or to Tufieha Bay and all other places
rainbow in winter 2008
get oriented on Satellite view of St. Julian's Bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SeenIt9
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Ideal for the 2 of us.”
Reviewed October 6, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Second stay here, (Sept - Oct) & already booked again for 2018.

We know the Sliema area very well having stayed in this part of Malta many times in nearby hotels, so the apartment's location is ideal for the pair of us.

Once again, arrived at the airport & met by transport as arranged / promised & taken to the apartment to be met by the new manager, Ed. Thanks Ed for the welcome & thanks also for the very nice welcoming pack.

Thanks also to Martin & Michelle for the redecoration of the apartment.

The apartment has everything required for myself & my partner, Sue & enabled us to have a very relaxed 2 weeks.

Oct 7, 2017
Thank you so much for your very kind words. We sure would like to have you again...!
Trisha051
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“A Perfect apartment”
Reviewed September 2, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We have just returned from 2 weeks in this apartment in Sliema it has a beautiful view across the bay. The apartment is very well equipped it has everything you need pots and pans are very good quality. It is very clean and comfortable. Martin and Michelle were very helpful both before we booked and after answering all our questions within a few hours. We were met at the apartment by Ed he is a lovely person told us all about the apartment and local area, he was always available to answer any queries we had. We would love to go back to this apartment again.

Sep 10, 2017
We all thank you for your kind words of appreciation. You are more than welcome to show up again.
LibbieG
New Bern, North Carolina
“DON'T DRINK THE WATER IN THIS APARTMENT!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

The water in this apartment made me sick for 6 days of my stay here. Buy bottled water at the little grocery a block up the side street next to the apartment. The water in the pipes appears to come from holding tanks on the roof (and not the city mains) and is probably contaminated.

I spent two weeks here in February. The apartment was unheated and the northeast wind blew into the French doors, making the place very cold. The wind also makes the old aluminum windows whistle loudly.

“Old” is the first word I’d use to describe this place. The owner tells me he’s had the place for 8 years – obviously he hasn’t done much to improve it. The information you see on TA and the other sites on which he advertises is false. He uses an alias – there’s no “Martin and Michelle.” Halfway through my stay he began to use the name Vic and told me he’s in California. Maybe that’s another alias. The ad you see here is a very well done but very out of date professional marketing blurb. The reality of this apartment is very different.

“Gross” is the second word. I had to sleep under a duvet that has never been cleaned, that has several cigarette burns in it, and that’s for a small bed. I carefully folded the old orange sheet on the bed over the top edge to keep it off my face. I slept on a tiny airplane pillow I travel with. And then in the kitchen: for two weeks I had two dish towels, no cloth but one really dirty old sponge, one garbage bag. No salt. The sugar had a dead big black bug in it. Get the picture?

“Neglected” is any and all maintenance issues here. Just one example: the ads brag about the Jacuzzi tub. There is one – but it’s impossible to use because there’s no stopper. The one in the tub is broken and no one bothers to even provide a rubber bathtub plug.
“Hostile” is the word to describe Felix, the “manager.” After about three days here I asked him to make the air-condition/heater unit warm the apartment. I also asked for new bedding, specifically I suggested to him and the owner that they provide a duvet and duvet covers as is that’s the standard now. The next day the cable for the TV stopped working. He said he’d get both the A/C and the TV fixed. I never saw or heard from him again. He did send the cleaning lady with fleece sheets – something new to me. Except for the twin size dirty comforter I found, I had nothing warm to sleep under in this unheated apartment.
“Fraud” is what I feel was perpetrated on me by the owner of this apartment with his false identity, his false advertising, and my money!

“Positives” – The view is excellent and the location is as well. The price is good for this location. If all you want is a place to crash after partying in St. Julien’s, this is the place for you!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: location
Liked least: no service, everything was dirty, shabby, non-existent
Traveling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mar 23, 2016
Dear client, thank you for your time. You gave us a one star rating, which is visibly completely out of proportion compared to 11 previous ratings (8 x 5*, 2 x 4*, 1 x 3*). We take this rating seriously, so this rebuttal is a bit long just to defend our mostly outstanding reputation (as seen in the other reviews) and to explain your complaints, without accusing you of malice.
A) water in our building is not a problem. Nobody in the 12 apartment building has had problems connected with the water.
B) The biggest problem Malta and you had was the unusually stormy, gloomy, extremely windy and cold February weather, that our seafront corner apartment was directly exposed to, causing a yowling sound and cooling off the indoors. Shortly after checking in, you wrote me asking for help with the heating. I replied to call the manager as it is his business and not being currently in Malta I did not exactly know how. I thought you called him, but you did not. 3 days later (!!?) you wrote me the same message again, so this time I called the manager myself. He said YOU HAD NOT CALLED HIM. He went and set it up for you. By the way, he is liked by all other clients as you can read in other reviews. However, you call him "hostile".
C) You used 2 cleanly coated blankets and you found and used another one (that was not coated), as you were cold, (hence the "dirty" duvet). AGAIN YOU DID NOT CALL HIM for more coated blankets.
D) The storm damaged the cable TV. The cable company scheduled the repair but YOU DID NOT LET THE TV MAN IN.
E) The cleaning lady came to do a weekly clean up but YOU DID NOT LET HER IN EITHER.. You just took the new clean blankets from her at the door and left the beds with week old linens and the apartment uncleaned.
F) The bathtub plug is apparently fully functional. The MANAGER WOULD HAVE SHOWN YOU HOW TO USE IT, HAD YOU CALLED HIM.
G) Nonetheless, dear client, I am sorry for your problems without taking the blame and without blaming you (except for NOT CALLING THE MANAGER) as I believe your negative outlook was likely inflicted on you and your mood by the nasty gloomy winter weather as well as your health problem. Perhaps also a bit by traveling alone. In your email you seemed to have indicated problems in the earlier parts of your travel.
H) Our name really is Martin and Michelle. Vic is Michelle's father, who works with us. He started the rentals. We are conscientious and honest family apartment owners. Please consider the circumstances I described above. Thank you.

Martin
Ruinedout
Sydney, Aust
“Perfect Location ”
Reviewed October 1, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed here for 1 week and although the decor is somewhat dated the apartment was spacious, clean and extremely well equipped. The view was absolutely magical overlooking the beautiful bay. The night view was even better!
We were met at the apartment by the very charming Felix who showed us around and gave us some great tips. We were pleasantly surprised to find the apartment was stocked with some useful and lovely supplies.
The location was excellent too with buses in both directions at our doorstep and shop and we were surrounded by so many great restaurants and shops.
Don't expect luxury but expect to really appreciate everything else it has to offer.

Oct 12, 2015
Thank you very much for your review. The main thing in the decor that could have been considered as dated had been the curtains. Nonetheless, as we've finally had 3 days of vacancy, they all have just been changed by brand new ones, along with some other new details. Too bad we've missed you. We really appreciate your review
OnTVJeers
London, United Kingdom
“Would recommend this apartment”
Reviewed August 14, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

As a regular visitor to the island this was my first stay in this 'seafront pad' and it is now in my top three apartments to book in Sliema. The view from the balcony is outstanding and the location is central with easy access to the beach and restaurants. The apartment was easy to book had all the amenities I needed for my stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Gemma C
“Super Location”
Reviewed April 17, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

The apartment was lovely, a bit cold for the time of year we went but is probably perfect for the summer. There was a mini heater provided which helped in the evenings. Lovely jacuzzi bath and really nice lounge/dining area.

Excellent views from the apartment and a small roof ideal for sitting in the sun out of the wind! Unfortunately there is no beach opposite even though one of the pictures shows one. I'm not sure if that could be a seasonal thing but seems unlikely.

The best thing I found about the Island was all the British luxuries they have. You don't get treated like tourists as everyone speaks fluent English and many foreign people live there. The menus in restaurants tell you vegetarian, gluten free, nuts etc. They drive on the left. And perhaps most important, they use big mugs for tea!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 18-24
frankw601
Kirkcaldy, Fife
“Great apartment in outstanding location”
Reviewed January 5, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

This spacious apartment surpassed all our expectations for comfort, cleanliness and convenience and offered great value for money.

From the friendly and helpful welcome by Felix, the caretaker, to the complimentary pack of groceries and bottle of wine,this flat had excellent facilities including a sofa and two armchairs, dining table and chairs, free wi-fi, cable TV with English language channels,DVD player, jaccuzzi bath and shower,fully fitted kitchen with 4 ring hob, oven and grill, microwave, toaster, electric kettle and every conceivable kitchen appliance. There's even a washing machine and rooftop drying area.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and there was adequate wardrobe and drawer space for our clothes.Best of all there was constant hot water and uninterrupted electricity during our stay. Although on the 4th floor the apartment is easily accessed by a reliable lift and is very secure with key entry required at both ground and 4th floor levels.

The outstanding feature of the apartment though is its location with a small balcony offering terrific sea views over beautiful Baluta Bay.On street level are the bus stops for easy access to Sliema, Valletta and all points round the island.The weekly bus pass is wonderful value at only 6.50 Euros for unlimited travel around Malta.

There is a small mini-market just 50 yards from the flat entrance for your daily essentials with the bigger Park Towers supermarket just round the headland of the adjoining Spinola Bay.Although above the busy Tower Road, you're not aware of any street noise in the flat and we slept soundly every night.

Across the street on the promenade are first class restaurants, especially Peppe's, which offers outstanding food for all tastes at hard to beat prices.Meals and drinks are generally inexpensive on Malta and well below UK prices.Transfers by taxi from/to the airport were arranged by Felix and worked a treat.One final bonus, the flat is directly overhead the excellent Plough and Anchor pub which doesn't do food but does offer a warm welcome to its patrons. The landlord Georgio is a lovely fellow who really looks after his customers.

We were in Malta during some of the worst winter weather the island has experienced in the past 35 years but we felt warm,snug and safe in our apartment and still managed to get out and about. Malta is a beautiful island that's so rich in history and places of interest with the kindest and most generous people you could ever hope to meet.We had a superb holiday and can't wait to go back again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing