“Service does not compliment the price”
Review of Trattoria Cardini

Trattoria Cardini
Ranked #29 of 194 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I can't say that I did not enjoy myself when going to this restaurants with my friends but after hearing so many people talk about it, I wanted to trying it out for myself and this left me a little dissapointed (could be because I had high expectations). The food was really good and no one at our table complained that there was something wrong with it but the staff at this restaurant especially the manager/supervisor were quite rude, unhelpful and unfriendly and this ruins the whole thing. If you need anything you just need to keep looking out for the waiter/ress in the hope that they will notice you and this is not my idea having a good time at a restaurant. If staff is changed/trained/increased and customer service has improved then I would definitely recommend this Trattoria Cardini, otherwise don't even bother.

1  Thank AlexiaB4

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have attempted to go twice to this restaurant, gave it a second chance and again there was no stuff to be seen, we waited 10 minutes whilst we sat down and it was like there was nobody working there. We actually walked out after another 10 minutes at the table.
.The food is good but the service needs alot of improvement . They also need to employ some more people.

1  Thank lxi555
Reviewed January 1, 2013

NY day lunch here turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Food was prompt considering the amount of heads they were catering for and the waitress always smiled despite running the distance of a marathon. Delicious grub. When the bill turned up we complained the monkfish was overpriced.
And Lo and behold the manageress turned up with a small refund thus proving us right.
Now that is what i call service!! Highly recommended and Ms. Toledo did a brilliant job in designing the place.

2  Thank whitejetGzira
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last week I went to Trattoria Cardini for the third time. I went with a group of friends for lunch after a lovely walk on the Sliema seafront . Most of them had already been but we were meeting two friends who had never been to this restaurant. They too were impressed.The staff are very polite and helpful and ready to help at all times. The portions are abundant. I had salmon, tastefully cooked wrapped in filo pastry. Top marks here. My friend said that her venison was to die for. Choice of wines is also very wide. I highly recommend Trattoria Cardini for any occasion be it a romantic dinner or with friends.

Well done to all the staff. Thank you for yet another lovely experience.

2  Thank mtfenek
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ate here on Christmas Night and it was the highlight of our stay this year. They had been very busy with lunchtime service but staff were attentive and good service. Explained that during festive season only a restricted menu available but gave us the chance to look at it and they would not be offended if we went elsewhere. After reading reviews about the food we decide to stay and we were glad we did,
Excellent food and plenty of it would definitely go back when the full menu is available and would not hesitate to recommend it.

2  Thank tomcat143