“Nice place for chilling”
Review of Medasia Playa

Medasia Playa
Ranked #119 of 189 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice place for chilling”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

On recommendation from a friend we spent the day at MedAsia Playa. At first we had some trouble finding the place and went to the wrong MedAsia by Sliema Ferry instead. But it's a short walk between the two places so no problem.
Pricing was ok (€8 adult, €4,5 kids under 16) but what our friend didn't tell was that children aren't allowed in all the pools but only in the upper small one.
Drinks were good but the Asian style food was a bit pricy and didn't appeal to our kids so we went over to The Compass for lunch.
I tried the massage for €20/30 min and it was ok.

Visited July 2014

• Czech first
  • Greek first
Sliema, Malta
“Excellent Asian food, slightly iffy for other food”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

3 of us had food here last night. The setting by the sea is fabulous. There are two sections, the restaurant and a bar area with high tables and sofas for people who just want to use the bar.

I ordered the special friend noodles. These were tasty and the portion size was good. My friend ordered the chicken caesar salad which was average. The reason I'm giving this place a 3 fir good is because my husband ordered the grilled squid special and it was very overcooked and chewy. The portion of potatoes that came with it was tiny and this dish was 18eur. We also ordered a medasia platter to start. They do sushi and sashimi very well.

The service was good. We spent 84eur in total including a bottle of prosecco and a water. There was also one dessert, a scicilian casatella which was fabulous.

Overall, the main reason to go here is for the atmosphere as it is mainly an older cocktail drinking crowd that goes here.

• Visited June 2014
Island of Malta, Malta
“cocktails and Asian food great, but other dishes disspaoitning”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I ordered a starter of sushi and stir-fry which I tried before there and both of them were very tasty. Unfortunately, my partner dish was far from good. His spaghetti peperoncino was so tasteless that we had to send it off which also took ages. The service there is not quick, I have to say, even though they seem to have plenty of waiters working there. He ordered then a sushi starter which again wasn't to his liking. So to sum up, the dinner wasn't a success. On a good note, the drinks were lovely as always and we weren't charged for the infamous spaghetti. I like Medasia Playa. It is a great place to have some small sushi and cocktails with the sea view but I wouldn't order anything else from their menu and be prepared to wait a long time.

• Visited June 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“Delicous food, great service, great location.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Amazing food, the best pork ribs I've ever had - the meat just fell off the bone. Great variety of Asian food - Sushi, Stir fry - ate here twice and it was delicious. Slightly pricey but well worth it.

Be careful - their Red Chillis really are Red hot.

• Visited October 2013
Zejtun, Malta
“Nice location, great food, excellent service but too pricey!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very good cocktails, the staff is very nice and the food is good too. We had sushi platters and some oriental platters. The scene and the atmosphere are very relaxing. However, one slight comment would be about the prices as they are a bit exaggerated, especially the sushi platters. If you're going for a dinner or bites with a budget, avoid it. But for an occasion once in a while, I would recommend it.

• Visited July 2013