“Good quality Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Good choice on the menu. Lots of Authentic Italian dishes. You can see into the kitchen as food is prepared. Choice of fresh fish as we entered. Good portions, and quality of the food was the best during our stay in Malta. I had the mushroom soup and rib-eye steak with peppercorn sauce which I can recommend. Very good service. Got there early, the restaurant soon filled up with locals and it is easy to see why. Located just off the main front in a side street, but worth seeking out. Best meal I have had in ages.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Heard a lot about Mareluna and was not disappointed.

The service was attentive but not too obtrusive and the food, in our case two pastas, divine.

Ambience and decor is very relaxing and time passes by quickly.

The restaurant did not get full marks due to the fact that there is a TV screen which was at times distracting.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just left the restaurant and I'm not happy. The place was very busy, understaffed and they couldn't handle it. The food was average but pricey and a bit weird without the knowledge of what ingredients would go well together.

The waiter forgot my drink and because the food was very salty, I used most of my meal trying to get hold of the waiter again to get my drink. No succes. When I finally got hold of the waiter the meal was finished and we decided to pay and leave to get drinks and dessert elsewhere.

The complimentary brushetta at the start of the meal is the reason this place doesn't get the poorest rating. The pasta dish came with very dry and boring ham and the salad with basil had only one basil leaf and half a tomato with a very wet mozzarella. The rest was old brown lettuce. The side of french fries arrived half way through the meal - and was so hot that we had to eat it last and not with the rest of the food.

Avoid it! There are much better places near by. Even the Fortizza is better though it looks like a junk food place.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The menu is varied and the food was just delicious. The atmosphere is nice with a fine dining feeling. This combined with the well priced food makes for an excellent combination. The staff were also very helpful - service with a smile! I would definitely recommend trying this restaurant out.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent food...excellent service....excellent atmosphere....at the end was dissapointed when the waiter asked for the tips himself!