“enticing creations”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Island or Gozo malta
“enticing creations”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ristorante Mareluna is just fabulous and a jewel. Very hard for anyone to overcome the good taste and surroundings. The Warm Welcome, the Excellent Service, Fantastic Food, the Ambience and Real Value for money is just great and a must for anyone who is in search of a lovely and romantic evening in all aspects. Just cannot go wrong. Mareluna is the place for everybody, young, middle aged and old. Have been there a few times now and will return again and again. Food is lovely with some unique recipes. For wine lovers, they have a very good selection. A good "5 Star" restaurant. I really recommend this place for an exquisite, romantic and lovely and impeccable dinner. And that's exactly what one will exclaim when tasting the top chef's enticing creations. My thanks and appreciation goes to all the staff working in this wonderful place.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank mansueta

• Polish first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“A Fabulous Restaurant - one to try”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found this little gem of a restaurant in Sliema, the food, staff and the ambience of the restaurant was so fabulous that we visited every night except for Mondays when they closed. The Chef and his brigade are sheer magicians, every signle meal we had was a brilliant experience, all the waiting staf are so friendly and really did make you feel so welcome. This is a restaurant you have to try, you will not be disappointed!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Queenie571954
UK
“Great food, great service, we'll be back”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Newly opened, the Mareluna Ristorante Italiano is on the ground floor of the Preluna Hotel, but it is not owned by the hotel. It has a fresh decor (even though it is grey) and you can see into the kitchen at all the food being prepared as the wall is only made of glass.

If you don't like being blasted by air-conditioning (even if it is 30+ outside) the staff are accommodating and will find you a less drafty table to sit at. If you want a window table I recommend booking in advance as this restaurant is popular and fills up quickly.

As I follow a gluten-free, dairy-free diet I often find myself in an Italian restaurant eating the fish dish. We ate here twice whilst on holiday and both times I ate pasta. The Mareluna serve gluten-free pasta, and they are more than happy to make sure there is no butter or cream used in their sauces. They also have gluten-free bread on the menu, but this doesn't stretch to bruchetta unfortunately, as they always bring a plate of tomato topped bruchetta and a dish of olives to you as a free aperitif. The olives are very strongly flavoured, so on the second visit we gave the aperitif a miss.

My partner had a huge pizza one night and a delicious plate of seafood risotto the next.

Unfortunately my choice of dessert was limited, but I did enjoy the lemon sorbet with Prosecco. Very refreshing.

My partner had the traditional Tiramisu and the chocolate fudge, which turned out not to be a small dish of mousse, but a huge slab of delicious chocolate and fudge cake.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, although on our second visit they were very busy and stressed as a new member of staff had not turned up for work. This didn't spoil our enjoyment of our meal or affect the way the staff treated us.

We would have eaten here 3 times during out fortnight stay, but it's closed on Mondays and the information pack we got when we arrived at the Preluna said that it was closed on Tuesdays!

• Visited September 2012
Malta
“Mareluna Sliema”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Experienced eating at Mareluna a few times and the food is impeccable, the food is real Italian food, the service is good and the decor and vibe is great...I live just 2 doors away so Im really lucky to have this place next to me... they also do delivery. Its well priced and good value.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank lxi555
Siggiewi, Malta
“VERY NEW...........& DEFINITELY NOT TO BE MISSED!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

New Restaurants spring up in Malta as do weeds in an English garden!
So I was most pleasantly surprised to discover "MARELUNA", just off the seafront in Sliema...newly opened & bursting with Class.
The "Ambience" is amazing..........I'd have never thought the colour Grey would work in a Restaurant. The "see-through" kitchen even more so, for it's perfect cleanliness and its plethora of professional chefs beavering away.
"THE FOOD,".......well, you should really try it........imaginative, attractively presented, full of taste & sensibly priced. The service attentive & professional.
THIS IS A SERIOUSLY GOOD RESTAURANT!!

• Visited August 2012