“for the love of the sea...”

Watercolours Dive Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We run PADI Certified Scuba Diving Courses, accompanied scuba dives & scuba diving packages for groups, diving clubs & the individual diver all throughout the year. We organise frequent scuba diving trips to Comino & Gozo. We offer Nitrox & Technical Diving Support. We have an 8.5m RIB for boat dives & boat trips around the Maltese Islands. Watercolours Dive Centre is run by Jason Fabri with over 20 years of local diving experience & a 100% safety record. "Come & have a bubble with us & rest assured an unforgettable experience"
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I go back every year and always enjoy my dives. The setup is professional and the guys there have a genuine passion for the sea!

Jason F, Owner at Watercolours Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Its always a pleasure diving with you every time you visit home....see you next year....

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Malta to do some diving. We're already Rescue Divers so we only needed a guide. We were driving along the boulevard and saw some dive flags. We decided to go in and met Jason. He showed such enthusiasm we immediately booked a 6 dive package and couldn't wait to get into the water!
Jason guided us around the house reef, the um el Faroud and we did our very first cave dive with him!
He made us so relaxed and comfortable we just went in and looked around.
He talkes with an enormous amount of enthusiasm about the dive sites we'll definitely come back here to do a cave diving and deep diving specialty!

Hi Guys, thank you soooo much for such an amazing review. We had so much fun and laughs diving together. I hope we can do this again in the near future. It such a pleasure having such nice guests as yourselves.....it makes us LOVE our job even more......thanks and keep well

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went to Malta to do some warm-water diving in March/April 2013 and after an extensive search we had decided to go with Watercolours. Couple reasons for that: great location (the reef just outside the center is stunning with multiple swim-throughs and great topology), responsiveness (Jason was replying to our emails with tons of questions quickly and in a full detail), proximity to Valetta and reasonable price for a whole vacation package (dives plus accommodation plus transports).
We've done 8 dives total, with the weather that time of year still unpredictable. However Jason was able to find the best location on the island every single day where we could have good diving conditions. He listened to our suggestions and we dove all the sites we wanted plus some more. As certified Advanced divers we had plenty of fun both under and above the water. Jason is an awesome instructor, with a lot of patience and great sense of humour. He took great care of us, waiting for us at the airport at 1 am and then driving us back at the end of our stay at 6 am. He gave us tons of advice on what to see in our free time, where to eat and we knew we could count on him if we encountered any problem.
If you are thinking about getting wet in Malta, check them out. They also have a Discover Scuba class which can introduce anyone to the underwater treasures of Malta. Highly recommended!
Looking forward to go back from the rainy UK...

Hey guys thank you so very much for such a lengthy, detailed and positive review. It was a great pleasure diving with you guys all over the islands....Hope to see you again very soon. This week we have our first polish group. We are very excited. Keep well.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

A group of friends and I wanted to do something different while we were holiday in Malta, so we decided to go scuba diving. We were recommended to check out Watercolours Dive Centre by a mutual friend, and we were so glad we did! All of us were first time divers and we managed to complete both the Open Water and Advanced Open Water course in 5 days, thanks to the amazing patience and tutelage of the school's instructors. I was nervous at first as I had a bad diving experience years ago, but was immediately put at ease knowing I was in safe hands. If it weren't for Jason and Patrick, I would not have had the opportunity to experience the beauty that the underwater world of Malta has to offer.

The school offers an array of courses, transport to the school and diving sites, equipment rental, all at very reasonable rates. Jason and Patrick are both very professional and have a vast knowledge of the island and the best diving spots in Malta. Not only that, they are also friendly, hospitable, and made the whole experience so much more fun! I highly recommend them to anyone thinking of diving in Malta for the first time!

Thank you Jason and Patrick, keep up the great work!

Jason F, Owner at Watercolours Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

It was such a joy introducing you all to the underwater world. Well done for your massive efforts. We hope to see you all again soon for some more exciting diving adventures. Keep well & safe diving.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Some 9 years ago I was coerced into joining my then fiancé now husband and a friend to do the diving course. I am not the adventurous type, the type that is now an advanced certified diver but still pinches her nose to dive into shallow water! But I managed to get my certification thanks to Jason's immense patience. I will never forget the number of times I shot up from 5 meters depth at Cirkewwa after having to remove the mask as part of the course and coughing out all the sea water I had swolled in the process! And Jason would calmly say, no worries, you can do it, just take your time...it's your course after all. If it weren't for him I would be missing some of the best moments of my life...diving is so relaxing and fascinating. We still dive with Jason and any equipment that we need its Jason and Patrick we speak to first for advice. Diving in Malta is fantastic and when it's done with reliable people like those at Watercolours it becomes an even more rewarding experience since you can rest assured that you're in great hands.

1  Thank xerli

Wow what an amazing review....thank you so so much. You made us all blush......We are so thrilled that you took to diving the way you did. Well done and hope to see you at the centre this summer. Keep well & thanks again for comments.