“Food good, but service terrible! ”
Review of Tex Mex

Tex Mex
Ranked #23 of 189 Restaurants in Sliema
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TEX MEX is Malta's ONLY authentic American Bar & Grill, having moved to our present Chic & Trendy venue on the Sliema Strand. TEX MEX offers an American style menu with some Mexican influence, with a choice of favourite TEX MEX dishes. Although always seasoned accordingly our menu is by no means hot & spicy in it's entirety except for items which are indicated so according to our chili pepper heat meter which allows you to heat up most dishes to your liking by means of specially imported chili peppers & ingredients. The revised menu includes all our classic favorites plus a wider selection of platters, appetizers, chicken, fish & pasta choices all prepared fresh to order whilst our fully stocked bar offers two for one on cocktails daily from 3:00 pm till 7:00 pm! Be it breakfast/brunch, lunch or late afternoon and evening meals the majority of our vast menu is offered all day long from noon with our favourite signature dishes being the Quality Fresh Prime Cut Steaks, Wagyu Burgers & Baby Back Ribs all island famous whilst offering excellent value for money. In fact TEX MEX is open all day hosting djs and live music on most nights. The ambience is the latest in design and decor, lively & pleasant also offering seafront patio dining. Surprise yourself as it is more then just a restaurant, not your cheap & cheerful local but an Uber Bar & Grill based on Quality offering cuisine on the upper echelons of casual dining utilising only the best & freshest of produce, a selection of brand, premium & top shelf spirits served from house level up also utilised in our exquisite cocktails, an array of over 100 wine varietals besides fusing into a lively club lounge ambient wise.
“Food good, but service terrible! ”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My 2 children aged 12 & 14 ate here last night. From start to finish the whole experience felt like we were being rushed. Except for forgetting my daughters drink. We we came to pay I decided not to give a tip for service. However on paying the bill and asking for the change (approx €5-7 on a €70 bill) the waitress muttered 'oh' and disappeared. Despite waiting for nearly 10 minutes suddenly we were not important any more. We left without our change, so I hope you enjoyed your tip. As I say, good food, a little expensive compared with tex-mex in UK, but TOTALLY unhappy with the service.

Managment123, Owner at Tex Mex, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Hello Mrs. Michelle S
I would like to offer our full and unequivocal apologies for the defficiencies pointed out by your good self. We do accept that we are in a transitional period staff wise and believe service could not have been top notch which is something we are fervently working on,
I'm sorry the service came acrosse as rushed but this seems to be a battle we just can't win with some clients expecting super speedy service and pointing out when it's not so while you pointed out that it was rushed, I believe that clients should be given adequate time to enjoy their meal & drinks whilst allowing us adequate time to prepare such meal & drinks which except for basic prep are prepared from scratch but thanks ever so much for your info.
Again kindly accept our full apologies with regard your change, believe me this is not our mode of operation and with a bit of patience your change would have got to you whilst I'm still hoping that you are on the island and may collect it besides perhaps enjoying a drink with us.
If you wish to contact me if you are no longer on the island please do so on info@texmexmalta.com
With regards our pricing it is based on the high quality of produce and beverages utilised and I don't believe it's fair to compare us with other Tex mex establishments you could be accustomed to as we are a stand alone up market operation having invested heavily in our chic & trendy establishment, we would like to believe and as quoted only use the best available whilst having to import several items at great expense. I'm sure you are aware that any concept may be taken from plain old cheap to cheap & cheerful to gourmet levels and beyond, we like to believe and strive to be on the upper levels of casual dining whilst serving only top quality food & beverages.
Once again in the spirit of customer is always right...Sincere Apologies and we would really appreciate the benefit of the doubt and hopefully be granted the opportunity of serving you once again.

• Polish first
Mosta, Malta
“Good food, but long wait and slightly overpriced.”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We visited this restaurant yesterday, to celebrate a friend's birthday and were a group of ten people.

The food was good, and my rib-eye tasted delicious, however the menu is slightly overpriced, when compared to other similar restaurants, and I don't mean your average eateries serving pizza and pasta, but other steakhouses.

Service was not bad, however I have to comment on the particularly long wait (over an hour), even though the restaurant was not very busy, from when we ordered to when we got served, both our main courses and our desserts and coffee.

The waitress who served us was not particularly helpful, and not very knowledgeable of English, and therefore at times she had trouble understanding what we wanted the first time round, however there was a particular supervisor/manager who came to our table to check if everything was all right twice, so thanks for that.

All in all, this was not a bad experience however there are things which the management definitely needs to work on.

London, United Kingdom
“No English Rose!!!! Over Priced Food. Standard has Dropped Big Time”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

been coming here for a while as I loved the place, came back Wednesday 6/8/14 after a few months away What a difference, my morning sunshine has left i was told by a member of staff due to being bullied she was a first class waitress and a joy to see first thing in the morning, always had a smile and time for you. Tex Mex your new customer service is not worth it, your menu is not what it says on the tin and whats going on with your prices. Over priced, I have read your excesses Marco, what a load of bull. I used to rave about this place to people but now i will tell them to stay away. I noticed most of the staff i enjoyed have left and so will I. your cocktails are not to the standard they once were, Very disappointed your standards have slipped.. how can you justify €40 for a steak? your not fine dining your a steakhouse..

1 Thank yossi W
Managment123, Owner at Tex Mex, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
It seems as if you and your partner are hell bent on inflicting maximum malicous damage from behind your keyboard in relation to not finding your English Rose who left as unfortunately her dependencies/vices where more important then her job although I invite any one to ask her whether or not she was treated with outmost love & respect and was afforded every opportunity assistance wise to help her overcome these dependencies although it is now clear how this was appreciated. You gave us excellent reviews just recently and if anything we are continously improving on service and quality all the time having introduced a new head chef and general manager with years of experience in our industry and yes we believe there is always room to improve and that is what we strive to do. No unfortunately we are not a cheap & cheerful establishment you could be accustomed to but a chic high end bar & grill fusing into a lounge club providing entertainment on most nights and we never pretended to be a fine dining establishment but would rival any such establishment with the quality of produce & beverages we purchase and serve in more then generous portions within our trendy establishment which thanks the Lord we have been operating for the best part of 20 years. Our Prime Black Angus Steaks are priced from 24.95 to 37.95 (Euros) for a 250 gram fillet, the former and a 7 to 8 hundred gram T Bone steak, the latter, ideal to share so I would appreciate if you cease with the continous untruths you insist on writing here. We never claimed to be perfect and would bend over backwards to put right a wrong doing by ourselves as at the end of the day we are only human and bound to err but it is obvious you have a hidden agenda here as, as admitted by yourself you gave us rave reviews in the past weeks although again in relation to your English Rose of whom's grave issues I am glad to have put in our past so as far as I'm concerned all your posts here are malicous and decieptful and I will let the general genuine public judge us as it is no use trying to reason with those who harbour hidden agendas or expectations not in relation to the type of establishment. We have plenty of cheap & cheerful pubs on the island where you could possibly feel more at home.
Whilst I feel I have no obligation to extend any apologies to you I will take this opportunity to extend sincere apologies to anyone who happens to read this post and believes he/she was not served up to standard within our establishment and invite them to advise me so on info@texmexmmalta.com so we may look into the matter.
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
“abusive management Overpriced !!! Not Fine Dining, But the Prices Are”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

while at tex mex recently i noticed management being abusive to staff. The manager has No idea of customer service. disciplining staff in the open seating area outside, and shouting at them for all to hear... this is not what the customer wants to hear while trying to eat an over priced steak. really Tex Mex €40 for a steak. you are Not fine dining by any stretch of the imagination, the couple next to us had ribs and chicken wings? the chicken wings were smaller then my wife's thumb and she is 5ft4ins the couple said the ribs have gone down hill at a rapped rate, I would agree as I did see anything to boast about. Your standards have dropped, I asked staff if the chef had changed and was told yes a while ago as has all the good staff, No English Rose in Malta anymore. she used to light up my day with a big smile but No more. No wonder your reviews are not that good all your good staff { who made the place worth while coming to} have gone, No atmosphere anymore. Well overpriced food, and management with no customer service skills and very rude to you when you mention the quality of the food they are selling. I have read your excuses Marco as why you charge so much for your food but again you are Not Fine Dining your a steak house?

1 Thank jane j
Managment123, Owner at Tex Mex, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
After your similarly malicous review was removed I shall make no attempt to rebuke any of the half truths and feeble attempts by you to attempt to damage my establishment which thanks the Lord is in it's 20th year of operation and by no means I do not deem myself to be flawless but I will not accept anybody trying to portray me as a person who abuses my staff. I love them Dearly like family, even those who have moved on, English Rose and all and I invite you to ask them one by one if or not they feel the way you are malicously stating and for the first time in my life shall not be extending any sort of apology. It's easy to act the bully from behind a keypad I live in the real world and from here I reach out to all our genuine clients and potential clients to judge us for yourself and would have no problem in the least to admit where we are wrong and openly apologise for any mistakes commited unfortunately some people abuse this and similar sites to satisfy their twisted egos
Sincerely
Alicante, España
“Horrible costumer service”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Starting from the haughty manager attending costumers with the worst manners. We had a couple drinks and some food. When we ordered the bill we waited for around 20 mins, after asking this "manager" to take it who basically looked at us in a very disrespectful way. we waited for another 15 mins till we asked for the money back and after another 10 mins a waiter came to us and basically throw the wrong change in the table.. He did not even knew how much was the bill or how much was our change.So after seeing them arguing inside the bar we just decided to leave and give our money as lost as they apparently wanted. I don't really care cause were about 10€ but they basically lost 5 costumers and their friends. Highly not recommendable...

1 Thank Aalic88
Managment123, Owner at Tex Mex, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Sir
To say the least we are very sorry you felt compelled to write a review with regards our establishment in such a manner.
On the day in question we were quite busy but not extremely busy so as to justify, not our aim, any sort of delays but as far as our manager's demeanour goes we are 100 % sure he is a people's person and would never treat our guests in the manner you are decribing.
We believe that this review was written with an element of exageration or malice but never the less in the spirit of cutomer is always right we would like to extend our full apologies and if you are still on the island perhaps you would allow us the opportunity to put matters right.