Windsor Hotel
$213
$308
$225
  • Pool
Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel(Sliema)(Great Value!)
$104
$159
$150
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
LABRANDA Rocca Nettuno Suites(Sliema)(Great Value!)
$361
$344
Travelocity
$192
$180
  • Beachfront
All reviewscleaned every daypublic transportoutdoor poolrooftopvalletta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This must be the worst hotel I have been in,in 40 years of traveling abroad. Malta itself was lovely and we tried to spend as much time out of this hotel as possible.The female receptionist was from hell and all she could say was its not our fault you booked a standard room,well I have seen better rooms in a youth hostel and I don't expect 1* rooms in a 4* hotel.The rooms were dirty ,disgustingly stained walls and furniture falling to bits.The bathrooms were seedy and dirty.Breakfast was the same every day with little choice cheap madeira cake and tinned fruit.Customer service was non-existent,air conn was not working properly.The television was not working because you need a special adaptor and they had none.No fans were available and we just decided to enjoy the holiday without the help of this hotel .There were noisy all male groups in adjacent rooms and the pool area was dirty no umbrella's for shade and the pool water was dirty.We enjoyed going out for our meals and Sliema was good ,but I wouldn,t recommend this hotel to my ememy.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank robertpannell
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear KaratekidNottingham,

Thank you for you review regarding your recent stay at The Windsor Hotel.

I would appreciate if you would contact me by email on cburgess@windsorhotelmalta.com ib order to tackle the points you brought up.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This a supposedly 4 star hotel.
For 4 stars you expect better. Much better.
The room, though large, was smelly. A smell of poorly-washed linen.
The furniture tatty. A balcony so tiny it was unusable.
Mattresses spongy rather than firm.
A shower with a clinging curtain and uncertain hot water supply.
Breakfast adequate but the full English could have been crisper and tastier.
Coffee from the machine not real coffee but that cheapskate hotel alternative.

Positives: the music at breakfast had stuff like 'No woman no cry', 'Have I told you lately?' and 'I have a dream'. Not quite enough to redeem the structure's many faults.

Room Tip: If you're going to Valletta you should be careful of hotels in Sliema as the buses in Malta are extremely badly run. It only costs $1.50 for the whole day, which is good. But buses to Valletta only pass 4 times an hour (2 on Sundays). When they pass they're usually full so at each stop there are queues of 20 or 30 tourists waiting to squeeze on. This is all okay if you're not in a hurry but not if you need to get somewhere on time. In general I think it is VERY HARD to find a decent hotel in Malta. I've been there 3 times and never had a good experience. Maybe next time I'll ruin myself at the Hilton.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Douglas P
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Douglas P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I have to point out that the washing of all the hotel's linen is contracted out to a company that even launders the linen of 5 star hotels.

It is difficult to please all guest preferances with regards to mattresses, so guests are used to hard mattresses, so to soft.

As you state in your review, it seems that 4 star hotels in Malta do not live up to your expectations and I agree with your suggestion that on your next visit, you should book a 5 star hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights on a business trip, mid May 2014. When i arrived the hotel at 2am, i was given a small dirty room and found 2 cockroaches walking under the bed which i killed them naturally. Next morning when i complained at the reception, they did not believe me and wanted proof!! so i took them to the room and showed them to the lady receptionist. Then, i requested a better room and they showed me a really better one but they wanted me to pay extra money as they said it was superior room. Finally i moved to a same category room as the one i had paid but cleaner and bigger, same old furnture! Bear in mind that when i booked the hotel through on line system, it was not mentioned that there are 2 different categories of rooms so that i could choose. The breakfast is OK but normally you expect something better for a 4* hotel, i did not have any dinner at hotel which was sold at reasonable rate. Generally speaking it is OK for what you pay, but certainly cannot say it is a 4* hotel, would rate it as 3* hotel. The male staff in the reception was polite and helpful. The location, Sliema, was good, very close to bus stop that is very convinient for transportation in the island. The hotel also has a nice swimming pool on the terrace, i did not use it but looked nice.

Room Tip: choose a superior room! in front side of the hotel, it also has free wi fi that the standard rooms do not have.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Danos S.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Windsor Hotel during your recent visit to Malta.

We do have a pest control contract with a reputable company but unfortunately since Malta is a hot country cockroaches do find there way into buildings.

The Hotel has two types of rooms which are advertised on all on line systems with the exception with the ones who chose to only sell standard rooms.

Thank you for the kind comments about our reception staff which I will pass on to them.

We do hope to see you again at The Windsor Hotel should you revisit Malta.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at the windsor hotel last year, and among all the hotels where i stayed in malta this was by far the best one. Staff was friendly and reception helped me with everything I needed. Apart from this the room was clean and really comfortable. If I ever go back to malta I have no doubts about which hotel to choose

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank YovoBonsua
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear MircoYovo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at The Windsor Hotel in August 2013.

We appreciate your nice comments about our staff and the cleanliness.

We look forward to seeing you again at The Windsor should you decide to revisit our Island.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

stayed in this hotel last month with my husband and it fell very far away from its star rating. The manager demanded a deposit of fifty euro,to cover damages.Not a good welcome. Then, the room itself was foul-the curtains were stained with food,the pillows yellow and stinking,and every time we put the heating on it reeked of cigarettes. It was not cleaned properly during our stay of two nights either. The bathroom was old,dated and grubby. The balcony door didnt open properly and holes in it were stuffed up with tissue paper. To cap it all,the automatic doors were turned off in the evening and you could only escape by forcing them open. Other guests told their tales of the dirty rooms,general crappy attitude from manager,and miserable staff. On top of that,the outside pool was filthy,the jacuzzi had bugs swimming in it and the indoor pool was unheated,shallow and dirty. I would strongly recommend not booking this hotel ever!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pauline T
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Pauline T,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at The Windsor Hotel during February. I am perplexed by some of your comments.

The hotel rooms are heated through hot water and each room has its own fan system so I really cannot understand how you blame the heating system for the smell of cigarettes.

The outdoor pool was dirty because of the incliment weather conditions while the indoor pool was heated as we had families staying and the children together with their parents were using the pool and actually said it was warm. The indoor pool temperature is kept between 27 and 29 degrees. The depth of the indoor pool is approximately 1.2 meters deep and has always been the same depth.

I would also like to set the record straight with regards to the refundable deposit asked for on check-in. This in fact is asked for to cover any extras in case of clients checking out without paying their extras and not against breakages.

The balcony door has been checked together with the Housekeeper and we certainly did not find any holes let alone holes that had been stuffed with tissue paper.

I am very surprised with your claim that the hotel staff are miserable as they receive many praises from our guests who always compliment them as being a great asset to the hotel.

Finally, a number of the guests who were staying here during the same time as you have actually returned.

We would have been very happy to rectify and problems that you claim you had, had you brought these to our attention during your stay. Instead of posting your review one and a half months after your visit when it is impossible for us to do anything about them.