“fantastic position”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Roma
“fantastic position”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I've been just one night in this hotel, for work. The hotel have an excellent position, in front of the sea in Sliema. the rooms are and clean, good services. I haven't tested breakfast. I'm really satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014
Charmaine C, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor, your comments are greatly appreciated

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again

Char

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great location, we had a room overlooking the harbour, so exelent views, the room itself was a bit tired but very clean, we were b+b so cannot comment on evening meals but breakfast was ok, staff were pleasant and obliging just a pity you had to ask for some things that should be standard for 5star, like tea making in the room. All in all good value for money and great location.

• Stayed January 2014
Charmaine C, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review and positive comments. These are greatly appreciated. With regards to the tea & coffee making facilities, these have been ordered for a while and we hope that they arrive soon,

Please do let me know if I can ever be of any assistance

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After having stayed at the waterfront a number of times and looking at reviews here I felt compelled to write my own. The saying people are impossible to please really does come to mind. Ignore the bad reviews - the waterfront is a home away from home.
The location is ideal, close walk to the boat for Valetta, and where the tours depart from, and also just a short walk to the Sliema Ferries which is the main bus terminal.
Marvic on reception is always so welcoming, as are all the day receptionists. We never avail of the half board opinion as we prefer the freedom to decide each day where to dine however we regularly dine in the Regatta Restaurant. We arrive early because in any hotel I believe the food tastes best when it’s fresh out of the kitchen – however in Regatta it is regularly changed and filled up so it is never cold like some buffets. I love the joint of the day and can honestly say I have never got a bad serving. The chefs serving are very friendly and don’t bat an eyelid at my hungry husbands frequent trips up to fill his plate. Breakfast is also served in the same way in the restaurant and I can honestly say I have never had any issues. I am quite particular about how my eggs are cooked and whenever I have requested freshly fried eggs they have arrived cooked the way I asked from the kitchen with a smile from the lovely staff. There is a wide variety of food available so you won’t get bored on a two week break. Admittedly the bacon is streaky compared to what we have here in England but this is the case no matter where you visit on the continent.
I have dined in both Basilico and the downstairs café – the food has been great in both but I prefer the more formal setting upstairs.
Housekeeping deserve a special mention here too - every day the room is left spotless by the careful pleasant lady servicing it. No matter which maid we meet along the corridor we have always got a pleasant smile.
Ignore the bad reviews – the Waterfront is an excellent value hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Charmaine C, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write such a wonderful review. Your comments are appreciated and will be passed on and I am sure that these will help all our team members to strive better.

Thanks again

bxl
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have spent a week at the hotel, very preasant. At first we had a room with 'street view', but after complaining we got a room with a greath view (we payed 42€ extra for that change)
Food is really fine (we had breakfast and dinner at the hotel) > choice enough.
The staff is very very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper rooms with lateral sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank i d
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever require any assistance

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I felt at ease the moment I arrived at this hotel from the airport. The reception staff member was exceptionally efficient, polite and friendly. I was shown to my room no. 513 on the fifth floor, and shown how things worked. The room was spacious and comfortable. The free internet connection was fast and reliable.
The view from the room is breathtaking, particularly at dawn. The winter morning sun pours in warming up the room without the need for additional heating.
Breakfast was included in the price. The breakfast room on the first floor again has lovely views, and really good food for the price.
Another advantage of staying at this location is the convenient and cheap bus and ferry connections to Valletta town centre.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors facing the sea offer superb views. However, one has to put up with the ve...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and kind comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever require further assistance

Heilbronn, Germany
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was lucky to get a double-bed-room as a single, so I had plenty of space. But also for a couple my room at the 7th floor (No 713) would have been big enough. Very nice furniture and much space for all the clothes and other thing. The little fridge was also very helpfull, as I could put in my own drinks besides the filling from the hotel. Very nice bathroom with clean towels every day. It is equiped with a hairdryer, an integrated Kleenex-box, a big mirror over the whole wall and round the basin plenty of space to put all the neccessary toiletries. Only the TV should be changed in a flatscreen soon, as this one has been very old and the quality of picture and sound sometimes was rather bad! The aircondition is in winter like a heating and in the evenings ist has always been nice and warm! Although the hotel is situated on the mainroad with plenty of traffic, especially during the rushours, you nearly can't hear any noice, if you keep the windows closed. And you can darken the room with very thick curtains, which means you sleep like a baby!
On the side of the hotel where my room has been, unfortunately the elevator doesn't stop at the first floor, where the restaurant is situated, so you have to go first downstairs to the lobby, then cross it to the other side and go upstairs again with an other lift to the first floor. That's a bit awquard, but at that time of the year (January) there were not so many people and I never had to wait too long to go by the elevators. And crossing the nicely furnitured lobby with many wonderfful foto-pictures on the walls has always been a great pleasure. Breakfast was - for my taste - very good and well sorted. And although I'm German I didn't mind that it was mainly English Breakfast!
Nearly all the staff at the hotel has been very nice and polite. And the whole facility has been very good cleaned.
The best at the end: The view from my balcony!!! Just fantastic!!!! And another good thing is, that the Busstops are very close to the hotel!
All in all ist The Waterfront Hotel a good 4-star-hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors because of the fantastic view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Goody2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team I would like to express my gratitude for your review and kind comments. Your positive comments give us all a reason to keep on with the service we provide and strive to be even better,

Please do let me know if I can personally be of any assistance

regards
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have spent a whole month at the Waterfront for both business and leisure reasons and I am already missing it! The mixture of charme and professionality of the whole staff,all talented hosts who enjoy what they do ,the classy yet relaxed atmosphere were a real pleasure.The location is just perfect,close to the bus and the ferry to Valletta and this part of Sliema has got something genuine and not overcrowded.The room was spacius and bright,the view over the Manoel Island and the Marsamxett Harbour just amazing even from my side-seaview room,which I reccomend while quieter than those in the front but still with great view.A lovely lady from Marocco made up my room every day with great care and love for the details,both house keepers came to my room on the day of departure to say thank you and wish me a good journey back home.
The restauant staff was,with only one exeption who eventually got fired during my stay,attentive and friendly.The food was more than acceptable at dinner,breakfast was varied but the quality of the cheeses and cold meats was rather poor.
I enjoyed a lot at breakfast the plate of different citrus fruits,the petit pains au chocolat and the fried eggs on demand.At dinner the roasts from the carving station, the vegetables "al dente" and not overcooked,the cake "Bacio".
A few ideas for making your service even better:
- reliable Internet
- tea and coffe making facilities in the room
- do not intimidate guests who put their own bier or wine in the mini-bar...please remove that notice!
- change the music in the restaurant every now and then.I have heard one month long nearly everyday the same
-the mattresses should be changed,they are too old and soft
-the wonderful terrace on the 8th floor should be in use also in winter,ther os no real winter in Malta!

A special thank also to the reception and the portier, I will be back in Malta and it will be at the Waterfront!

Room Tip: Side-seaview rooms are quiter,ask for higher floors,ideally from 5th also because they are higher t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Charmaine C, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback.

It was a pleasure to read about your enjoyable stay and I have taken note of all your comments and hopefully everything you mentioned will be in place in time for your next visit to our hotel

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need any further assistance and I urge to have a look at our website when booking your next holiday as we more often than not have special offers and very favourable rates.

char
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
The Palace
#7 of 28 in Sliema
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Excelsior Grand Hotel
#5 of 15 in Valletta

Been to The Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!