“Great Hotel, good location!”
Review of Plevna Hotel

Plevna Hotel
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Moscow, Russia
“Great Hotel, good location!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed! My husband and I visited together and both agreed that this is truly a lovely hotel with wonderful staff.The staff are so friendly and welcoming, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel breakfast was really good value as you could choose what you wanted and have as much as you like.The location is great, it is a two minute walk to the water ferry or main bus route.Well done to all and special thanks goes to manager mr Darren Vassallo - excellent knowledge of the russian language.
Highly recommended and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elena F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I wanted a relaxing quite week in the sun, and baring one day, that’s exactly what I got.
The inside of the hotel is a mish mash of styles, pine and marble, interesting. The room itself was adequate and very pleasant, the balcony was exactly what I needed, nice and sunny. Small fridge, but couldn’t put a litre bottle of water, only small bottles. Room was noisy, to close to the lift, but got used to it. Toilet was a noisy, long refill, bathroom smelled a little mouldy, leaving door open was easy fix.
The staff were really lovely, they were so friendly and helpful, truly made up for the small negative things about the hotel itself. From the reception, the restaurant, the bar and even the cleaners, truly wonderful people. A great team!
The hotel is in a fab location, extremely easy to get around. Local buses were easy to use, but it was just as easy to walk around. Supermarket was close by, many restaurants and water on two sides, with in a short walk. My own fault that I didn’t realise the lido would be closed for the off season. But a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Not near the lift
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank s4stacey
Rotherham
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Enjoyed a very pleasant in Plevna Hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
Very clean, pleasant staff and excellent breakfast.
The only small criticism I would make is that TV's in rooms have very limited choice of channels and picture reception was very poor. There were better TV's in lounge area with satalite channels but it is not easy to watch what you want on these as there are other guests wanting to view different channels

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ray J
Maryse A, Director of Sales at Plevna Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. By the end of this year we shall be offering more channels for viewing as well as new flat screen TVs in all our rooms.
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel has a good location in a quiet area of Sliema. We rented a car for our holiday and we were always able to find a parking place nearby. Food was excellent! At first we booked B&B, but upgraded to HB on recommendation of the staff and were happy about that. More over on the day of departure ( that was late evening ) we were given a gratis dinner with wine and had and opportunity to take shower before we had started for the airport. Staff was very helpful in all aspects. The only discomfort we had was a condition of the bathroom: slow jet of water and bad flushing system of the loo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 88Victor_S
Kangasala, Western Finland, Finland
Reviewed November 8, 2013

After visiting four weeks in a quiet Gozo, it was nice to be a week Sliema business area. Plevna hotel was a top if comparing price/quolityand of course the situation.
I have to say that the "crew" of hote was very kind and everything was professionally well done. One detail. A joyfull lady at the reception surprised us saying in finnish languge: Kiitos!, which means thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The main bonus for this hotel is the location. Within 3/4 minutes of the ferry to Valetta, buses to various destinations around Malta, and a rocky beach with swimming areas. We visited in October and the pool was closed.

The second bonus is the staff - they are very friendly and very helpful with advice about the local area.

This is a fantastic base for an active holiday, but I'm not sure I would recommend it as an all-inclusive or full-board. The rooms are far from luxurious, but they are clean and have air conditioning (which is a must).

Our only problem was that we were disappointed with the bed(s). We'd booked a double room and, while I accept that pushing two singles together is common practice in many hotels, the wooden frames around the beds meant that they were still separate and it was effectively a twin room.

Room Tip: If you book a double, be sure to ask if it is a double bed or two pushed together.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed in the Plevna Hotel 2 years ago, and thought it was really good. Now I have just returned from a short break there, I can say that it is even better! The Bedrooms and Public Areas have been refurbished giving a modern look. The Staff were welcoming and friendly.
The Breakfast Buffet was extensive, the best I have found in Malta. The Free Wifi or use of one of two PCs in the Lobby was a bonus, so I could get some work done while I was there.
I am a UK Hotel Manager myself, so fussier than the average guest, but I can thoroughly recommend the Plevna to anyone reading this review, and I look forward to taking my friends there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo