Sliema Marina Hotel
$283
$165
  • Beachfront
1,131 results
All reviewsmcdonalds and burger kingmanager pierrebreakfast roomsuperior room with balconythe bushop on hoptop floorexcellent locationcafes and restaurantssuperior sea viewlarge balconytea making facilitiesbudget hotelfantastic viewscentral locationoverlooking the harbourroad noise
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Prior to my visit, I was reading the reviews about this hotel and noticed the diversity. So, I decided to have a look with my own eyes. At the check-in I received already the first disappointment. Although I had booked a room with seaview, I received a room in the back of the hotel without daylight. They made it up to me by granting me a free breakfast, which is not so bad as other people said. The next day I could move to a seaview room.....and they promised me that they would move the luggage to the room before I would come back from my daytrip....well of course the luggage was still standing in the lobby. The people behind desk do not seem extremely concerned with customer satisfaction. When I arrived in the room, I noticed that the wifi signal was really weak, in contrast to the first room. If you want good wifi, you need to be in a room quite centrally located inside the hotel. The morning I left, I still needed to pay for the surplus of the seaview room, but they claimed that the printer was not working, so a proof was not possible. Amazing.... Anyway, I hope that you will enjoy your stay in this hotel with excellent views and that the management improves its customer services.

Room Tip: Take the rooms with a view to the sea if you want to see daylight. And for a good wifi signal, you probably need one of the two rooms located in the middle.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SlowTrippery
Reviewed June 14, 2012

When choosing this hotel we were a bit concerned by several poor reviews. But others suggested it was much improved following refurbishment. This certainly appears to be the case. We paid for a balcony and asked for a room on a high floor. We were on the 6th floor with a superb view over the harbour towards Valletta.The ferries and water taxis to Valletta, harbour trip boats and island tour buses all set off adjacent to the hotel. This was both convenient and provided lots of visual interest. The hotel faces South so the balcony was in sun afternoon and evening. The room was also close to the restaurant on the 8th floor with the same view of Valletta. Some reviews crticised breakfast but while this was basic continental it was perfectly adequate. Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony (on the front) is worth paying for and a 'high' floor gives the best view with probably a little less noise although this was not a problem.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April ( we came as a student group) and it was very bad. Staff is unfriendly ( apart from one of them) and didnt really seem to care when we reported there was no more water ( lying about the reason why there was no water, saying it was the government who decided to stop running water when it was actually due to some works happening in front of the hotel). There were water problems for a good part of the stay ( the group I traveled with was staying on different floors and none of us had running water) and one morning we woke up to find a leek in the bathroom. Breakfast is OK but not amazing. The lady who works in the morning in the breakfast room is rude, she doesnt greet you and ask you coldly for your " breakfast tickets". I have to say there is a gorgeous view on the bay.
It is well located though, just facing the bay, in the city center of Sliema.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We start off booked into one of the sister hotels which is rated very high, however due to water issues we were moved here. From just the ratings we weren't keen but once we saw the place ( I think most ratings are before it was modernised) it was great.

The lady at the front desk was probably the most hopeful person we have met in this part of the world. Not to mention they saw we were having a few beers on our deck, so brought a fridge up to keep them cold, all without even a word.

We will defiantly be booking to stay here again. Thanks for the great time

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were very happy with our choice; the reception was friendly and helpful, as spicily the younger night receptions most helpful,, kinds best worker, happy &nice smiley boy( Alan) hotel could be riches soon were all the staff. The room was large and comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast was good and the view from the dining room was amazing over Sliema Bay The enjoining restraint food. Italian ,,we are, there 6 nights out of 7 .This is a perfect place to stay… doing all the trips and attractions in and Gozo& Malta . Would gladly recommend it to any of our friens thinking of visiting Malta. We wish well come again to stay same hotel Marian. .all over the bus stop front of hotel !!
Location, location, location View over the harbor quick checkout clean safe , the younger night receptions offer a coffee in checkout time , it was we need it.. the weather wasn’t good most coldly receptions most helpful.. Kind …we thanks to him. During our stay !!

Room Tip: room was 5t floors no A/C
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business