The Plaza & Plaza Regency Hotels
$128
$123
Priceline
1,444 results
All reviewscara's cafesea viewrooftop barself cateringthe busst julianscleaned every daythe penthouseindoor poolspinola baymain roadboth directionssuperior roomevening entertainmentbeanshop on hoptea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I just don't understand how this hotel gets so many unfavourable reviews. As frequent visitors to Malta we used The Plaza for the first time and were a bit apprehensive as to what to expect. We needn't have worried. We had a second floor room at the front with a lovely view of the bay. Our room was comfortable and spotless[cleaned every day] , an excellent choice of well prepared food in the restaurant. All the staff were courteous and helpful . We would certainly return to this hotel on our next visit to Malta.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigAlDumfries
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Having be to this hotel before and visited Malta three time before we though we would be quite safe booking it. But how wrong can you be. I wished I had taken on board the comments other had about this hotel. When we arrived there were no rooms ready, then when they started to give out the room some were not cleaned others were not what was booked. It took 1hour and 45 mins to get us a room and we ended up in an apartment on the 5th Floor. As for the food it was not very appetizing. If you were a Vegetarian you had one choice. The food was mainly for the British pallet. If I had wanted british food I would have stayed at home.
As for the staff in the Restaurant, they never asked anyone if they were enjoying their meal or asked if they had a nice day. The Reception staff were just the same never said good afteroon when you can back in or asked if you had a nice day. As for the towels you would have used then to wipe the floor not dry your self. We will not be gooing back to this hotel or Malta again

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandTweed
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I have been at this hotel twice and cant believe the bad reviews about it. We find the staff very friendly and the hotel is in a great position over looking the bay. We had a great room which was huge, very clean. The only bad thing I would say is that they are needing to purchase new towels as after using them they can smell a bit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

we have been going to the plaza regency hotel for three years now and was looking forward to go again but when we arrived we found out we had been put on the fifth floor apartments with a child of 7 years and a baby of 7 months it was a nightmare the lift broke within an hour of getting there and i had to lift my baby in her buggy down the five floors of stairs and it was a narrow staircase our son is petrified of lifts so when we had to go anywhere my partner had to take my son up and down the five floors of stairs and more if we wanted to go to the restaurant or the roof to swim,we went down to my parents apartment to find that their balcony shook if you went to lean on it my partner went to see if we could get a shift of room and got told in a couple of days he also told them of the balcony and he was thanked for bringing it to their attention and it would get sorted after 6 days of nothing getting sorted i went to the manager myself told him of the concerns for the lifts breaking and my dad told of the balcony yet again the manager asked me why i was complaining as i had the most expensive room in the place and the best view i told him my priorty was the kids not the view but he didnt care and my dad got told that he could assure him the balcony was safe?when asked if we could move rooms as everyone round about us where getting moved cause they had asked we got told there was no free rooms for us to move to so after our heated discussion and the managers i could'nt care attitude we went out for a couple of hours and on our return got told the two parties that came with us (including my mum and dad)were getting a move but we werent so between the reception and ourselves we took one of the other rooms as it was only on the second floor and my partners mum and dad took our room and we had all paid for seaviews and only we got one in the start, the second room we got we were falling over eachother and the bathroom was far too small we paid for a family room but obviously never got one, anyway that was only some of our experiences of our stay at the plaza regency hotel my advice would be stay clear it used to be so nice but now it does'nt even deserve 3 stars.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank donzAberdeen
Reviewed September 5, 2009

The hotel and apartments are in a great location for getting around. The bus stops just outside the hotel and will take you virtually anywhere. Its a fixed price so you could travel 2 stops or 50 its the same. Get a time table from hotel reception. Great selection of restaurants around the same price as UK. The studio apartments are fairly new and spacious with plenty of storage, would definatly stay in one of those again. The hotel rooms are dark and dull and in need of total refurbishment. As our flight was not until late and we had to check out at 11am, we paid an extra 23 euros to use a hotel room. It was the worst room I had ever seen, no natural daylight with an internal window opening into an internal wall. We never used the bathroom facilities it was so bad, we went to the roof top pool and showered there before we left. Staff very good, breakfast ok, didnt try dinner, far too many restaurants to try.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family