Lowest prices for your stay
$31
Free cancellation until 12/07/22
$48
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$27
Free cancellation until 12/02/22
Priceline$29
Hotels.com$48
Travelocity$48
1,788 results
All reviews sea view rooftop bar the bus st julians cleaned every day spinola bay indoor pool main road room was cleaned daily beans tea and coffee making facilities buffet style yogurt sliema ferries cold meats peppis stops
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Room tip: The sea views are stunning
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Reviewed September 8, 2016

I was across in Malta for the Malta v Scotland World Cup qualifier football match in September 2016, and this being my first time in Malta I was very unsure where to stay.... I had read that Valletta can be a bit of a ghost town come nightfall, and that Saint Julians can be a little on the rowdy side with Paceville, but Sliema seemed to tick all the right boxes, and after getting a fantastic Flights + B&B price for a package through Jet2Holidays, I decided on The Plaza.

I have noticed that this hotel does seem to get mixed reviews, with the negative one's rather scathing, yet apart from a little rough around the edges, and the rooms a tad dated, I found this hotel to be excellent and was very pleased right throughout my stay.

Firstly the location is great! Right on the sea front in Sliema, with plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance, and one of the main bus routes through the Island right outside.

There is a small beach opposite the hotel, though its a fight almost to get on to the small sandy part of it as its mostly rocks (like almost all the beaches in Malta are).

As for the hotel itself, the staff are very friendly and helpful, so I was checked in to my room in no time.

The actual room was not bad, though furniture and shower room were a little dated, but nothing major. Good AC unit in room that can keep it nice and cool (and you will need it during the night as it can get VERY warm!) and a nice balcony to relax on (I had a sea facing room right at the front of the hotel).

Small pool and lounge area (plus bar) on the roof, though can be a bit of a struggle for room and to get a lounger, but a nice small, but deep, clean pool to swim in (the sea around Malta can be VERY salty, as I was still tasting salt on my lips 2 days later after going for a dip in the sea).

Breakfast was really good, with all the usual items in the buffet (sausages, eggs (hard boiled, scrambled and fried), beans, bacon etc..... cereal's, fruits, cakes etc....) and fills you up very nicely for the day ahead.

Only problems with the hotel I found were the lifts..... you spend a eternity waiting for them and usually its A LOT faster to just use the stairs.

All in all, extremely satisfied with this hotel, and if I was return to Malta I would certainly stay here again (and probably would do so if I brought my wife with me), but if I was to bring my 3 year old daughter and stay for more than 5 days, I would most likely stay in one of the resorts as there is no entertainment for children in this hotel, but still great if on just a city break/short stay type holiday,

• Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank wanderer_scotland
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a brilliant stay at this hotel. We read some of the reviews before hand to be honest many people have been unfair on this hotel. The room we had was a standard room which was a good size with a small kitchen area. We had a balcony with a side view of the sea which was amazing. The room was cleaned well everyday during our stay and all housekeeping staff were friendly. The hotel has a brilliant well kept roof top bar and pool area with some amazing views over the bay and reasonable priced drinks as well. This is lovely relaxing sun trap during the day. The hotel is in a great location with a bus stop at the front door. The buffet breakfast was well stocked and had plenty of choice of both hot and cold food. This is a hotel I would return to and would recommend to anyone. We did book a double but received a twin but this error was due to our booking agent and not the hotel. ( I would suggest emailing the hotel direct with any requests to avoid this) But this didn't spoil our stay. Thank you for a great holiday.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carquigley
Reviewed August 29, 2016

This hotel is very fitting for a three-star hotel. Let's start with the plusses: The hotel offers a lot for everyone: there's a very nice and clean roof-top pool with a café to affordable prices next to it, a pizzeria, another café, an indoor pool (I think only open in the winter-time) and family entertainment. The view from the roof is fantastic!
Then the mediocre: the service is not as friendly and happy, as one might expect from a hotel but neither is it unfriendly nor slow! They were fast to help and never refused any help. The breakfast buffet, too, was very standard with a fair amount of varied options and pretty standard tastes.
The negative of this hotel was that our room was very small (and smaller than we expected for the otherwise reasonable price we paid) and smelled from a leak from the bathroom shower. This was a big shame because the room in itself was charming.
The cleaning both in the room and outside was excellent and very friendly!
All in all this is a hotel very fair for it prices and I would have a liked to give it an extra half star for the many options it gives to different kinds of travellers. But an extra smile from the employees and a room with no strange smell would have given this hotel some extra stars!

The location is great though there are only very tiny sand beaches in a walkable distance. However, it's well connected with buses and Sliema is a nice town.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank trosborgandersen
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Been at the hotel with my family for an overnight stay. Buffet Breakfast and buffet dinner were great. Kitchenette, iron in room. Friendly and helpful staff. Proximity to promenade, buses, shopping centres, beach. Hotel has pool also. Clean, airconditioned and spacious rooms (ours with a view). Though hotel seemed fully booked and located on a main road,it was so peaceful. Highly recommended.

Room tip: For a few extra Euros, you will get a very good room.
Date of stay: August 2016