“great place, great people”
Review of Corner Hostel

and 1 more site!
Corner Hostel
Ranked #3 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sliema
Leicester, United Kingdom
“great place, great people”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here for about a month over summer. The staff were really friendly and made me feel at home from day one. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hostel had a really relaxed vibe that promoted a cool community around the kitchen and common room. Made lots of good friends while there too. Enjoyed it so much I stayed there again a few months later.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PhilllG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sunne
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed here for 7 weeks while doing my internship and must say that that was most fun 7 weeks I have ever experienced! I found so manny new friends! Owner made me feel like at home! They help you with any kind of question, from where to find super marked to what should I do to be less homesick? What I mean is that when you will need to go back to your ordinary life, you will feel not just leaving the hostel but like leaving your new family. The room was cozy and comfortable whit my personal cabinet and personal bathroom for us 4 girls. Felt like in a luxurious summer camp. Just 10 minutes of walk to the rocky beach where I loved to go snorkeling. I will miss that place... Thou I have already booked one week for summer before I even left the hostel so I must say that I am really looking forward on coming back with my husband!

Room Tip: Go for the top floor on the left side. You can see a dog in the balcony of next house. Say Hi! to hi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very nice hostel!
This was my first time at Malta, and I had so much pleasure
Totally helpful and friendly personal, friendly & nice guests. Rooms were always cleaning, lightful, you can booked many excursions from hostel reception
Comfort place and good prices
Reccommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Amersfoort, Nederland
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

After a great stay this summer there was no doubt where to stay during my return visit to Malta. It was great to see that nothing had changed; great staff, wonderful service and a heartwarming hospitality. It was like coming home away from home. Both the shared room and the private room were well up to standard as were the public areas. Corner Hostel really is the place to stay when visiting Malta.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed October 17, 2013

corner hostel renewed our faith in hostels cos its a 'real hostel'! Friendly staff (James and team) went out of their way to assist, were always responsive to guests, communal atmosphere in a huge lounge and we consider we were spoilt with a great kitchen. We plan to return to Malta and to the Corner Hostel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hostel for a week and it has been a very pleasant experience. Corner Hostel has everything you can possibly wish for :) Clean rooms, amazing staff, great value for money. All the people working there are very friendly, competent, willing to serve with good advice and smile any time. James, the owner, is a real sweetheart. :P His recommendations of where to go and what to do were always spot on. A big pro of the hostel is its central location, only 5 mins walk from the amazing beach in Sliema. I will definitely be back :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
VLC
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hostel is just perfect for any kind of travellers - couples, people looking for friends, even families. James and the two girls (sorry I am just to bad remembering ) at the reception are always there for you, helping you out with everyrthing or just for a nice chat. The biulding and all the facilities are newly renovated, all new, great kitchen, breakfast in the morning, computers and wifi for free. Also location is very good, since it's in a quiite area, but just 15 min walk from the party area. Good communicated with the airport and Valletta.
I really do recommend staying at the Corner Hostel.
We had a great time there. Greetings from Valencia, Ina and Fran