“Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 185 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Description: I use Mediterranean as cuisine because you do not have maltese as a chice - this is maltese - excellent maltese antipasto with maltese sausage and cheese (almost a meal in its own right) and excellent rabbit at one £ price - great establishment.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were flying home yesterday evening after a lovely week in Malta, and we chanced upon this Maltese Restaurant at lunchtime for our final meal there. It was quiet, but a friendly Maltese couple on an adjacent table recommended that we try the Beef Olive (Bragioli). We did, and it was not only delicious, it was also great value. This was a lovely way to end our visit to this charming country, especially because the owner was so friendly.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Simon K

Rochester, Michigan
“Definitely recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We visited Malta in November 2013 for our honeymoon. We found Blondino's while walking around our hotel and decided to give it a try. At first we weren't sure because the place was so small. But the waiter was extremely nice and very efficient bringing us our food, etc. (we did not see this much at other places we went to). The food was delicious!! My husband wanted to try a dish his grandmother use to make and thought it was very good. The prices were also reasonable. We stayed there for awhile talking to the waiter. While we were there it got fairly busy and he kept calm and was very much on top of things and very polite to everyone. We enjoyed it there so much that we ate at Blondino's a total of 3 times during our trip. And there Vegetable soup is to die for! I wish I was able to get the recipe to make at home. :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Valencia, Spain
“Disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Sometimes, you want to follow your gut and go for something less tourist-orientated, and for something more local, as it seems. And sometimes that works out, this time it didn't - the burgers were sad and a bit of odd and old-fashion-tasting. The service was super-nice, but it didn't compensate for the poor food quality, sadly.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

“Excellent experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Quite surprised to read some of the other comments concerning this restaurant. I decided to organise a party there for family and friends - some 30 odd people. All I can say is that the food was superb and well above expectations. The service was also excellent, friendly and at just the right pace. The dishes served to us were delicious and clearly put together using the freshest ingredients. The only negative (which for me isn't really an issue) is the decor which is on the old fashioned side, but as long as the food is amazing, who cares? There are enough modern, sterile restaurants if that is your thing.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Steve L
UK
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We recently visited Malta and on our last night we decided to dine at Blondino's. We dined there some five years ago and we were not impressed by the quality of the food. However we thought we'd give Blondino's another chance to prove us wrong and they didn't. The food was awful, I ordered Salmon penne and my wife ordered beef olives. When the meal was delivered I had a quick taste of the salmon and was taken aback by the awful taste of the fish, it seemed like the chef used dry salted Salmon. I asked the waiter, who seemed to be Arabic, why the Salmon tasted so salty to which he replied that the chef used a little too much salt. I know the taste of salted fish and fresh Salmon was definitely not used. I should have refused to pay for the meal because I hardly ate any of it.
My wife was not impressed with her meal either. The supposedly "Rump" steak was tough and did not melt in the mouth as it should if cooked properly and if the ingredients were of good quality.
We will never visit this awful restaurant ever again. Some people like the restaurant but be careful what you order.

• Visited May 2012