“couple from belfast”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Did travel in march so probably the reason bar only open one night. bar in restaurant open but on check out they tried to charge us for a meal we had already paid explained to receptionist but we were further challenged by three manager later that day.got the impression he did not believe us .put a bit of dampener on the stay.other staff were great but we spent most time out of the hotel because nothing on.really recommend the masseuse did my back in and she got me walking again

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
3  Thank Eileen M

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently enjoyed a few days at this hotel. The staff were helpful and efficient and our room, though not big, was comfortable with everything you needed, including a bath in the bathroom which we had requested and thanks to the hotel for that.
I expect the hotel gets 4* status because of its pools/wellness etc. but the food, though adequate, I wouldn't say is 4*, though I know this is subjective.
The staff in the dining room were excellent and in reception too.
However, having said all this, I would return to this hotel if we visited Sliema again as it is in a very convenient position but away from the main road.
Thank you Park Hotel.

2  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Not having been to Malta before, we were looking for something in easy reach of Valetta and the East Coast, and Sliema seemed the best place. We were recommended the Park Hotel by an [elderly] friend – it seemed to offer a good mix of price and service, and minutes from the sea, harbour and town centre.

Frequent busses run from Sliema to much of the island, and a day fare is currently €1.50. Being a small Island, you could travel as far as the Gozo ferry in an hour.

The hotel is fairly modern, but more 20th C than 21st C, and was clean [although the bed linen was past it’s best], and the staff were friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out. It was a nice touch to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but the tap water is not really drinkable.

We were a little disappointed with the first room offered, but the second room had a small balcony with a view across to the sea.

We stayed on a half board basis, the food was of a good quality, although the cooked breakfasts were luke-warm, and the dinner menu was a bit bland. As the hotel attracts the older customer – many are repeat visitors, and often stay 2 – 3 months in the winter, so this seems to work from them.

Being early in the season, the roof pool was not open and the indoor pool had restricted hours so we did not get to use either facility.

The hotel is rated a 4*, and I do think that for this level it would be reasonable to expect some bottled water in the room on arrival and 30 minutes free wifi daily.

Overall we would used the hotel again.

Room Tip: Some rooms do have side-sea view, it's worth asking
5  Thank Footsie
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Located in a quiet street 2/3 mins walk from Sliema's promenade , bus stops and c. 10 restaurants
Pleasant staff , good breakfast . We were upgraded to an apartment from a double room without requesting it so the rooms were much bigger than expected .An enjoyable stay with everything we wanted .
Ta Kolina restaurant ( hotel recommended ) : average
La Cuccagne ( Italian ) Avery St. : v. good
Park Hotel , dinner - buffet : average ( Sat.evening - dance night )
Do not let the time share touts outside Preluna waste your time

Room Tip: Buy a weeks bus ticket for $6.50 Harbour trip , V. goodbut do not pay the full price . Choose an E...
1  Thank Mike Y
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The room is reasonably clean, but the bed throw are filthy and stained ! With all that said the actual bedding ( sheets) are clean.
Why on earth use filthy stained bed throws with God knows what, I do not understand.
The TV remote control did not work, they staff were very promote in sending someone to replace the batteries and unfortunately still unable to get the remote to work. The best explanation I had for the TV remote is incomparable with the TV. Okay fair point why is it in the room I asked the answer was ah somebody left it here sorry sir, okay take the remote with you, the answer to that is no just leave it here... Well make your own mind up!!
The bathroom is not in great shape I definitely think it's time for the management to start spending some money on the rooms.
The staff at reception were helpful and polite. Can not comment on the food as I have not tried it.
The location is great with in walking distance of few restaurants and bars.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Zaid22004
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Please do not never stay in Park hotel Malta. I was visited in Parkhotel for few night and I must say, that I never in my life been more disappointed of any hotel or service than Park hotel Malta staff. The staff where really impolite. They where rude and unclean staff. For example when I was on breakfast I did find human hair in my breakfast. When I did have dinner I did find human fingernail form my dinner plate. Room cleaner did not clean the room ether. Reception staff where really impolite, they never smile to you and they did behaved towards you like second class people.

I traveled all around word and never experienced so bad experience than in Park hotel Malta. This is not four star hotel this is 0 stars. Please if you read my review about this place take is seriously safe your time and money and stay some where els than Park hotel Malta

With best regards

very disappointed customer

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank aleksi g
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have just come back from staying for a month in this hotel and had a wonderful time. The room which was on the 4th floor was clean and well maintained. On the first night l found out the plug leaked in the bath and reported it in the morning, by lunchtime it had been replaced. The bed was comfortable with a choice of 3 different pillows to choose from. The restaurant had a good choice for breakfast and dinner. The location was superb and busses go every 5 minutes into Valetta and from there you can get a bus from anywhere on the island. A day bus ticket is 1 euro 50 cents and for a week its 6 euro 50 cents and they can be used as many times as you like for anywhere on the island. The only complaint l would make it that they charge for wi-fi but that was not too much of a hassle as the Preluna Hotel which is on the seafront about 20 yards away is free and they don't mind you going in and using it. Just ask at their reception for the password and they give you a printed out card with all the details to connect. Also the cafe opposite this hotel is free wi-fi too. The hotel has 2 swimming pools, it was too cold to swim in the roof pool but when it was sunny it was a lovely place to sit in the sun out of the wind and read. {i did go in February} I did not venture down to the indoor one but its visible from the back window of the lounge and looked just as good. The staff as all friendly and helpful so all in all l had a good holiday. Just a tip get a room above the 3rd floor or the noise from the large groups that stay is too much.

Room Tip: Stay above the 4th floor to avoid noise from large groups that stay. If you want a quiet room get a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo