“Popular Italian Restaurant”

Ranked #49 of 195 Restaurants in Sliema
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I ate here on several occasions on our week’s stay in Hotel Fortina Spa just up the road. We had noticed that it seems to attract a lot more customers than its competitors – always a good sign.

There is good choice from the menu, nice wine (recommend Sicilian) and all reasonably priced. Service is very good and waiters and waitresses are very attentive – perhaps because either the owner or his “right hand man” were there any time we visited.

It’s also great to eat outdoors and watch the world go by. We got talking to the husband and wife of a Maltese family there during the first weekend of our stay in Sliema and they said it was one of the best restaurants in Sliema.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Beautiful food, nicely priced, friendly staff, can't fault it!

I had pizza and a risotto dish and it was very nice. Can be very busy at times, especially at the weekends but seating inside and at the very back. Reserve a table if you'd prefer outside.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by for a late sunday dinner hoping to be served delicious food similar to what we had eaten everywhere else in the area. Unfortunately the food and attitude that followed was certainly not anything like we had seen before.
I ordered the italian platter (satisfactory) and my partner the angus burger. What he was served was cold and soggy and less than worthy of the €9 price tag.
After a few mouthfuls he alerted a waiter of his unhappiness, who seemed less than capable of dealing with such an issue. My partner declined the offer of a replacement as it was already late (11pm) and felt that the standard would not have been any better.
When presented with the bill no discount had been offered and my partner wanted to express his unhappiness, with who we only assume to be the manager. On confrontation, the manager insisted that the meal would had to be paid for as it was 'aberdeen angus' - my partner felt that this was unjust as he was not prepared to pay for a meal that he was not happy with or had not eaten. After going backwards and forwards, the manager then insisted he did not speak English and threw the money we had given him for the drinks and my meal back at us. He was very unapologetic, said there was nothing wrong with the meal and told us to leave.
A few other members of staff approached which became intimidating so we hastily left.
I would recommend going to Cuba a few doors down if u want a burger and great service, and stay away from here!

3  Thank becky_boo43
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is sandwiched between many other restaurants on Sliema's waterfront but seems always extremely busy so booking is advised. My wife an I ate hear several times and the fish soup is the best I have eaten anywhere: good flavoured stock containing masses of white fish and a few mussles. Fantastic. The other dish I would recommend is their seafood spaghetti which comes to the table in a silver foil wrapper. the portion was big enough for two people with some to spare. Again, great flavour plus a good deal of mixed seafood.
Service is OK, if a little rushed doe the turnover of diners. Highly recommended !

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Visited this restaurant twice for evening meals during our week and was quite satisfied with all we ate and the prices. Would certainly return here if we were to visit Malta again. Don't usually go for a burger in the evening, but found their Burgers to be the best I've had in a long time !