“Good but too crowded”

Taste at Fortina Spa Resort
Ranked #82 of 194 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taste Restaurant is situated in the Tropical Garden of the Fortina Spa Resort in Sliema. This five star Restaurant serves fresh Mediterranean cuisine, cooked to order. A variety of fresh fish and meat dishes are available, amongst other delicate, delicious dishes. Vegetarian dishes are available on the menu.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Sunday Lunch, Temperature is 32 deg C, Time 12.20. Reservation done the day before: On arrival, the head waiter said that our reservation was already full ??? Sorry what does this mean....He said that our reserved table was already filled up with a group of the same number of nine and same name and same surname ! Our original table was at the outside near the pool. The waiter got mixed up and the only thing he could offer was a table inside at the far end of the place. Being a special occasion, we accepted (there was no option but to except) and were seated at the back of the place. Good thing that at least the place was air conditioned and we felt it was much better than the outside 32 !. From than onwards, service was good, food was perfect, desert excellent. A place to visit, however give a double surname to avoid confusion at the booking stage.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

A fabulous menu and excellent service compared to many of the other options in Sliema. I had the deep fried whitebait starter followed by the crisp belly pork, delicious and I couldn't finish my plate. We had a slight mix up with the wine but our waiter changed the bottle with no hesitation.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had lunch at TASTE last week and was very disappointed to find that, though the produce is great(tuna steak I had was a lovely cut), everything was massively underseasoned. The mussles that I ordered as a starter were overcooked and the sauce that they were drenched in was inedible, no salt but lots of other spices that didn't go well together. staff is nice though.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant is aptly named! The dishes, although not from a vast menu will really tantalise the taste buds and the presentation of the meal is absolute perfection! I can assure you that whatever you choose you will enjoy, but you will also fancy the dishes served to other diners also.
The staff are friendly, attentive and ensure that the presented meal is to your satisfaction. Service can be a little slow at busy times, but be assured each meal is prepared and cooked only for you the diner, nothing is stored and then served. Enjoy!

1  Thank JacquiSwansea
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went with my family. As a starter I had a very good beef carpaccio and also managed to have a teaser taste of the muscle soup which had quite a couple of nicely cooked muscles. Main course had veal in white wine sauce which which was very tasty and cooked to perfection. For desert I chose the chocolate fondant. It was good but I must say I would have wished to enjoy more melting chocolate at the centre. All staff was helfpul and Rita really makes you feel at home. She is very sweet ,a true asset for this restaurant. Wine and drinks are priced at a normal restaurant rate.