“Great place to eat”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I visited Santino twice during our recent week in Malta. On both occasions the food was excellent and the service was impeccable - very friendly without being intrusive. We both felt it was terrific value for money and would not hesitate to recommend.

1  Thank lewislot

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The starter alone said to us that we will be having a good meal and we did. The portion of the main course was of good proportion and delicious. We enjoyed all our courses served by Santino. The waitress was very polite too. The only down side was the side food which tasted bad! but as the main course was filling enough we did not complain. On the whole I would give this restaurant another visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I tried this restaurant after reading the reviews. It sounded good so after a tiring but nice day we thought we would try it. After finishing our starters, which were very nice my Swordfish arrived and we were asked if we would like another plate. I asked why as my wife was also having swordfish and it quickly became clear that they thought only one meal had been ordered. My wife and I shared the dish, which was delicious and when the waitress came again to apologise I asked why she hadn't queried why only one meal had been ordered. She realised she should have and could only apologise. After finishing the meal we looked at the dessert menu but decided to give it a miss and asked for the bill which never came until I asked for it again from the waiter. I think the waitresses mind must have been elsewhere all evening - the blond lady with glasses. I left no tip and left feeling very disgruntled. It spoilt a nice day, and what would have been a nice meal. If they'd have offered a discount for a repeat visit I would have gone again, but I'm afraid they didn't and there are plenty of other good restaurants to choose from in Sliema.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went here after reading the reviews and we weren't disappointed. Far from it - the fillet steak that we had was so good that we went back again a few days later and ordered the same thing all over again.

Definitely worth crossing the road away from the seafront for!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We visited such a restaurant using a DealToday.com.mt voucher which was an excellent deal yet the service was still impeccable and the food was delicious!