“Don't bother, use the local busses”

City Sightseeing Malta
Book In Advance
More Info
$21.77*
and up
City Sightseeing Gozo Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #22 of 26 Tours in Sliema
More attraction details
Owner description: Forming part of the World's Largest Open Top Sightseeing Tour Operator, CitySightseeing Malta offers a variety of hop-on hop-off tours around the Maltese islands including North & South Tours as well as Open Top Village Feast Tours where our clients can enjoy the traditional Mediterranean Fireworks displays on show every week between May and October.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have used this kind of bus service in other countries but the one in Malta sucks..big time!. 17 euros for a 1 day pass, but the Red and Blue service doesn't start until 10:00 and then finished around 16:45.

The Green shuttle service however starts at 8:30 ish and stops at 15:15 so if your staying in Sliema you'll have to make your own may back. Surely it would be common sense for the shuttle service to run longer than the sight seeing service so people can arrive and then get home.

The other issue is the poor signage at the bus stops. At the main bus terminal in Valletta where the Blue bus stopped there was no sign, this was also the case for Valletta Castille and the San Antonio Gardens. The buses seems to use the normal local bus stops, but unless you were dropped off there you would never know where to hop back on.

My advice would be to use the local bus network its only 1.5 euro for the day and you can get on and off when and where you like and as often as you like. Also the local bus timetable is very frequent and easy to follow, and so long as you can see a bus stop you know your going to get picked up.

4  Thank John G
There are newer reviews for City Sightseeing Malta

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Booked tour 17 Euro each. Was to be collected from hotel at 10.30am driver showed up expecting an airport collection. when no one turned up for airport collection he took us and instead of leaving us at the designated first stop ie Silema he left us in some village and all was done so fast we had no time to question him he just said wait here bus will come. We were left outside a derelict building for 20 mins. Was amazed when bus finally came - and relieved. But was disgusted that I could hardly see out the window it was so dirty. Thankfully the next bus we had was lovely but no excuse for the first bus of the day to be sooooo dirty. Took about 20 mins for headphones to work or be connected by driver. Wasnt told winter timetable was 1 hour not 1/2 an hour per wait. Because of our mid-way start we had to do the tour one a half times if we wanted our return to the hotel as the return to hotel takes place from Silema. Harbour cruise included in price which was excellent value for money but please have more pleasant staff on board. Just could not give a tip even thought they practically begged for one. Mini bus to take us back to hotel smelled so strong of cigarette smoke I and others were nearly sick, sorry did not take regular bus. Just some comments please take on board. I got the feeling the staff/sellers were out to make money not to please customers.

3  Thank BCA52
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We thought this would be a good way to see a few places in one go but wasted a lot of time hanging around at the start. Weren't given headphones initially and then found the sockets at our seats didn't work anyway (from other reviews, it doesn't sound as though we missed much). Perhaps the "stop" bell wasn't working either or perhaps the driver just couldn't be bothered to make the scheduled stop at the Aviation Museum - we had to walk back from the craft village. We did see what we wanted, but wouldn't do another tour with this company.

3  Thank BanoffiePie
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I believe hop on/hop off buses can be the best way to see a city! And I would have thought that about Malta except the bus drove right past me! I was waiting in the designated spot where it dropped me off at the Mdina glass factory and it drove right past! This caused me to wait another 30 minutes for the next bus and therefore I didn't have time to see Mdina. I also wasn't sure they would pass me up again and leave me stranded far from Valletta. When I called, the operator was polite but nothing was done to fix the problem or compensate me for missing one of the best attractions in Malta.

4  Thank Ktwaack
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The shuttle bus reaching Valetta and the starting of the Tour should have been about the same time. But they made about 30 people to wait for an hour to start their tour. The commentary was full of advertisement for the ticketed shows and souvenir shopping!

2  Thank mvsiva