“Only teppenyaki - no sushi. Suitable for GF eaters.”
Review of Moroboshi Sushi & Teppanyaki - CLOSED

Moroboshi Sushi & Teppanyaki
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moroboshi Sushi & Teppanyaki is part of an international award winning chain of Japanese restaurants, It is probably the best Japanese fine dining restaurant in Malta offering a unique experience in Japanese cuisine. Moroboshi offers various dining options to choose from. These options being - Dining at its sushi bar, In the main dining area, outdoor in its beautiful tropical garden or at the teppanyaki tables together with the Hibachi chefs cooking in front of their guests. The swift handiwork of the chefs, along with the pleasure and reassurance of getting to see fresh ingredients being used to prepare an exquisite meal is one of the highlights of the Moroboshi experience.There are over 100 specialities listed on the menu which offer a substantial choice for the Japanese cuisine. Particular focus is given to the wines and sake on offer. Menu featuring sushi, sashimi, noodles, tempura alongside a selection of signature dishes including succulent meats and vegetarian dishes, customers are sure to have a truly memorable dining experience.
Reviewed May 16, 2012

During my vacation I ate twice in Hibiki restaurant. I was disappointed to discover that since my last visit to the hotel, this restaurant has been downscaled. Previously they offered both sushi, sashimi, rolls etc plus two large teppenyaki tables. This time, they are only doing teppenyaki - bit of a shame as I enjoyed being on an all inclusive vacation and eating lovely sushi every day. Ideal for those of us who are gluten free.

Anyway, the teppenyaki was a fun experience. The chef is an entertaining and talented guy. We were served Miso Soup to start - although I couldn’t have any as they had thrown the packet away so they didn’t know if it was gluten free. Then the chef started his performance with the hot griddle on our table. It was a collection of different meats and egg fried rice and noodles. From this, I was able to have everything except the noodles. The chef was careful to give me my food first before putting soya sauce/other sauces containing gluten onto the griddle on everyone elses food. They did have a bottle of tamari sauce, so he used this for my egg fried rice and they gave me a dish of this for dipping. The various parts of the meal were: tofu, chicken breast, lamb chop, beef, duck, seabass, king prawns, sweet potato and egg fried rice (plus noodles for the non gluten free). It was all cooked to perfection and enjoyable. However, my gluten eating husband said that I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more with the sauces - peanut for the chicken, garlic butter for the beef, sticky ginger for the duck etc… I suspect that they may not have contained wheat/gluten but it was easier for the chef to give me everything plain, rather than working out what I could and could not have. The desserts in this restaurant are dire like the other eateries in this hotel. They are prepackaged frozen desserts, all containing gluten. I was stuck with ice cream - AGAIN. But as I like ice cream, it wasn’t the end of the world :-) My reviews of gluten free places to eat are on my blog too: http://glutenfreedelights.tumblr.com/

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I love the whole Teppanyaki experience and have been to many Teppanyaki experience restaurants in many countries.
This experience was excellent. The chef was very good fun and I and my mother do not do chilli or spice and he catered for our needs very well.
My husband had fun catching prawn tails in his paper hat, that you are all supplied at the start at the night. The chef also did a mouth catching exercise with sweet potato which with 5 of us and 2 other hotel guests we had fun.
The food was beautifally prepared and the beef was cooked to everyones tastes. There was a wide variety of fish and meat so you got a taste of everything. Noodles and rice were also prepared with your meal. Not forgetting the Miso Soup and puddings included in the meal.
All in all a very entertaining evening with fabulous entertainment. Definitely an asset to the fortuna hotel which Maltese people should also come to love and use.
I can't comment on price as we were part of an All Inclusive package but it would be well worth it just for the experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

We went there first for the teppaniaki night... and wow what a show!! If you want to have fun and eat good food at the same time I suggest you go there for an evening, it really is worth it.
The chef's agility is quite prodigious, the whole show is so amazing, amongst huge flames, bowls of rice flying towards you, eggs being thrown in the air... really it was quite something!

We ended up going there 3 times in a week while we were in Malta because well the food was so good, the service was excellent and the staff was just so so so wonderful...
The sushis were so fresh, so perfect... the japanese food is cooked and prepared perfectly , with the correct amount of sauces and spice... you just feel like you're in Japan!

I just wish I could have brought the restaurant back with me!

1  Thank PlickAndPlock
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I love Hibiki and have been here 5-6 times, the teppanayki chef is excellent, and can really entertain even the most sceptical person. With a nice show of flying rice, flames and cracked eggs you are sure to have fun.
Hibiki is owned by a chinese couple there have a great passion for korean and japanese food, and they are doing it very well. The korean kimchi they serve are the best I have tasted. and the food are always very good. The service is very authentic asian, not anything fancy. But Hibiki is a great place, we would def. go to many more times.

1  Thank youngpeteri
Reviewed April 25, 2011

You might risk getting some rice thrown by the chef but the entertainment and the food are excellent.

1  Thank LFC_ASR