“Indian food in Malta”

Krishna
Ranked #103 of 226 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oldest Indian Restaurant on the Island. High Quality Indian Food.
Reviewed July 9, 2019

We were hungry after a trip and wanted to eat something very special meal. We chose the Indian restaurant after looking at its menu with pictures. Outside was hot and noisy so we sat down inside where was air conditioner. I ordered from the starter: chichen-sis with mint sauce (Reshni kebab) and my husband ordered fish Tikka massala (with spicy sauce). Both meals were delicious and the service was O.K. The portion size wasn't too large but it was enough. It wasn't very cheap but not more expensive than the other restaurants.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (200)

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Best Indian food in Malta n friendly staff ❤️ Very Tasty n authentic. Please try Paneer Makhanwala, it’s yummy

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed February 7, 2019

I just came from dinner at Krishna with my family (10 mins ago) and we were all very disappointed. The food was very overpriced and tasted mediocre at best. The restaurant looked old and run down with bad lighting and cheap decor. There was no one else inside so we should have took that as a sign.

I told Robert that the portions were very small relative to the price and he said “that’s how they do things.” Then he proceeded to talk about us at the bar with one of his employees ...very rude and unprofessional. We spent 50 Euros and it was the worst Indian food I’ve ever had. There are many other great restaurants along the water, I highly recommended you eat somewhere else.

I wish I read the reviews about the poor service and food poisoning before I ate here but it was spur of the moment. Complete rip off!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 24, 2018

Amazing home made and we love the owners always there making sure all is very well cooked and served ...

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Manuk L
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Best avoided, there are other, better options. Our food was poor, the spinach Dahl was more like a soup, and was flavourless. We ordered 4 poppadoms and got 3. My wife choked on something and was offered some water. They charged us 4 euros for a 500ml bottle of tap water! It was opened and unlabelled. We argued that one when we got the bill. An unenjoyable meal out.

Date of visit: November 2018