“We'll definately return!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had such a lovely dinner experience at The Chophouse last weekend. The atmosphere was lovely, there weren't a lot of children so it had a very controlled environment. Also, the spectacular view beats all from wherever you re sitting at the restaurant.
We're giving this a 5 however we suggest that the waiters would visit and ask the guest if the food is good and whether we need anything else during the actual dinner and not when it is time to clear up the dishes. However all in all we'd give this restaurant a 10/10!

Would like to recommend Mr Matthew Mallia for his hospitality throughout our evening. Thanks goes to you and your team!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The restaurant had a very warm and cozy atmosphere and although it was fully booked (the occasion being Valentine's day), there was not a lot of noise inside. The waiters were helpful and offered a very good service.The food was of good quality even though it was slightly expensive.

On our next occasion I would surely book slightly earlier to try and sit in the restaurant's terrace and enjoy the view of Valletta (Malta's capital city) and Marsamxett Port.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Eating well in a Maltese restaurant does seem to be a bit of a lottery. I have eaten at this restaurant a number of times (only ordered meat). I must admit, it has always been very good. Also the wine list is decent and that is very important.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Good view. Ridiculously expensive. Dirty lavatory. Without character. This restaurant is typical of one with a complex ownership and high overhead. They can never be VFM or engage staff who take a personal interest in it. One has to make an effort to get to it, so don't go unless you mean to.

1  Thank spadesaspade
Reviewed November 17, 2013

What an interesting place to find. Out the back of nowhere, but once found, well worth the views. I asked for seat outside but as I hadn’t booked it didn’t happen, there were lots of empty tables, when I left there were still ample tables available. Not impressed. I’ve enjoyed the Maltese white wine that I have had in several restaurants, this was no different. Very nice. I began with tempura prawns, can’t really go wrong. The followed up with the angus rib eye. Asked for medium rare, but it was more rare than medium wasn’t happy with that. Finished with an orange crème brulee, very nice indeed. They need a bug zapper, way too many flying insects than I was comfortable with. The staff were very nice, but in no hurry to do too much of anything. For the price of my evening and considering it was the off season I was very disappointed in not being seated outside.