“The map is wrong”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: previously TGI Fridays
Reviewed September 5, 2013

the map is wrong. I found this Restaurant on the Strand not in the City. Die Karte ist falsch. Not great but good for a night out with the Boys.

There are newer reviews for iL Fortizza

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Incredibly slow service. Waited ages just for plate of pasta and stuffed marrows. Side dishes were presented (cold) half way through the meal. There are better places to eat.

1  Thank zephron
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Well, yesterday my colleagues and I, visited Il-Fortizza for a nice meal.
As we arrived we were greeted immediately by a friendly waitress and showed us our table, Menus were given to us. We studied them thoroughly to make our choice and eventually made it. The starters arrived 1 of my colleagues and I, shared a main course's portion of Ravioli Sargu, it's a pity they do not serve it in a starter portion, this dish is original and absolutely fantastic, really worth a try. Until then everything was perfect.

What annoyed us a bit was that as immediately one of us 'cleaned' the plate, a waitress started going around our table and removing the plates even if the others were not ready yet.

Time arrived for the main course, my fillet steak, medium cooked looked delicious, including the potato wedges, definitely we can't say the same for the roasted potatoes as they seemed to be boiled potatoes and lacked flavour. One of my colleagues' rib eye was ordered medium to well, but delivered medium to rare, a small misunderstanding, this could have been prevented if the waitress double checked after writing the order.

Again the food was delicious, but as soon as we 'cleaned' our plates, the same routine started, the waitress started to go around our table removing plates. One of my colleagues is a slow eater and was getting a bit nervous as the waitress was going around our table staring at her plate.

The dessert followed, I had the Banoffi and it was great :)

We stayed there having a drink, again the waiters & waitresses were very helpful and very responsive when asked for assistance. After a while I went to the sanitary facilities to wash my hands, I didn't dare to touch the sink's mixer. It was a pig sty in there. Thankfully I keep a pack of wet wipes in my pocket and used them instead.

We sealed the deal with a liquor, payed the bill, thanked the waiters/ waitresses for their assistance and called it a night.

Overall it is a good restaurant and I might visit again. Especially for the Ravioli Sargu :)

1  Thank IL-PAGGI
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice during our holiday to Malta, the food is relatively cheap whilst still being tasty and the setting outside is very nice with views over the harbour. The only thing that let it down a bit was that a couple of members of staff were a tad stand off-ish.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was great, service was a little on the slow side, but when you are along the ocean on a warm summer night, it doesnt matter!