I stayed here for 4 nights with my girlfriend. It was our first trip to Malta. We researched hotels thoroughly before making reservations. We elected to book this apartment as we were put off other hotels by the bad reviews and pictures we saw. This hotel is located in an excellent location - full of bars, shops and restuarants within a short walk. The appartments are above 2 bar/restuarants. We ate at both the TexMex bar and MedAsia restuarant and the food was fairly priced and delicious. In fact all the food in malta was delicious whereever we ate.
The appartment was clean and modern, and had a sofa, wardrobe, double bed, tv, ensuite bathroom and modern kitchen with all appliances (fridge, freezer microwave etc). The Wifi was free and the signal strength was excellent. The appartments had a reception, a lift and room service who cleaned/tidied our appartment everyday (they even do the washing up!). There was a cool outdoor jacuzzi on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the harbour and valetta.
The bus stop was right outside the hotel and a day ticket could be purchased for just 2.60 EUR to get around the island and airport. Taxi from the airport was 22EUR. Just use the bus, it takes an hour but isn't difficult.
I would recommend staying in Sliema and also at this appartment. It was just so easy to wonder downstairs and eat at the great restuarants or just jump on a bus to get around.
If you can afford it, I would recommend booking a room with a sea-view, as we did not, and I regret this a little bit. We had no problems sleeping at night (although we didn't have a window facing the busy street below). The aircon was also very good in the room. There is a small shop about a 2 minute walk away where we bought beers and snacks to put in the room.
I would definitely stay here again when we return to Malta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering panoramic views over Valletta's beautiful harbor, Pebbles Boutique ApartHotel is set on Marsamxett Harbour in Sliema, Malta's largest seafront resort area. Completely renovated, both inside and outside, Pebbles offers spacious and modern studios, apartments, suites, and double rooms. Each featuring free Wi-Fi, LCD TV and airconditioning. Here, guests will find two restaurants, MedAsia - a Mediterranean and Asian fusion restaurant, and TexMex, an American bar and grill. There is a Rooftop Terrace with Sea views and Jacuzzi. Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel is only 300 metres away from Sliema Bus Terminus and the ferry port to Valletta. The bus for Valletta stops right in front of the property. Malta International Airport is 10 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pebbles Aparthotel Hotel Sliema
- Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel Malta/Sliema