“Great apartment complex, excellent location!”

Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my girlfriend. It was our first trip to Malta. We researched hotels thoroughly before making reservations. We elected to book this apartment as we were put off other hotels by the bad reviews and pictures we saw. This hotel is located in an excellent location - full of bars, shops and restuarants within a short walk. The appartments are above 2 bar/restuarants. We ate at both the TexMex bar and MedAsia restuarant and the food was fairly priced and delicious. In fact all the food in malta was delicious whereever we ate.

The appartment was clean and modern, and had a sofa, wardrobe, double bed, tv, ensuite bathroom and modern kitchen with all appliances (fridge, freezer microwave etc). The Wifi was free and the signal strength was excellent. The appartments had a reception, a lift and room service who cleaned/tidied our appartment everyday (they even do the washing up!). There was a cool outdoor jacuzzi on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the harbour and valetta.

The bus stop was right outside the hotel and a day ticket could be purchased for just 2.60 EUR to get around the island and airport. Taxi from the airport was 22EUR. Just use the bus, it takes an hour but isn't difficult.

I would recommend staying in Sliema and also at this appartment. It was just so easy to wonder downstairs and eat at the great restuarants or just jump on a bus to get around.

If you can afford it, I would recommend booking a room with a sea-view, as we did not, and I regret this a little bit. We had no problems sleeping at night (although we didn't have a window facing the busy street below). The aircon was also very good in the room. There is a small shop about a 2 minute walk away where we bought beers and snacks to put in the room.

I would definitely stay here again when we return to Malta.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view and on a high floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desperate_Dan12345

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I don't know hay people complain about the noise in this Apartment Hotel.
Shut the balcony door and there is no noise. With the balcony door open the air conditioner doesn't operate for obvious reasons anyway .
My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 7 days in October 2013 and I have to say that I found the hotel to be first class. It was very tidy and clean, in a good state of repair (immaculate) and in a a first class position to explore Malta itself.( easy access to Ferries and Arriva bus services which are excellent
I am by nature a person who prefers to do my own thing and normally visit the USA for holidays. This was my first time in Malta as my wife has always wanted to go there.
We elected to stay at PEEBLES and I was not disappointed by anything even though we can be very critical. I always say that you get what you pay for but you get far more from your Euroi with Peebles.
It is simply outstanding.
So much so that I have already booked my stay there for 2014.
Okay there are a few bars nearby which can be noisy if you are sitting on your veranda looking over the harbour to Vallletta but this is simply restaurant noise and not rowdy behaviour from drunken louts as we have in the U.K.
As my wife said, sitting on the balcony supping wine with the restaurant noise below was no different from sitting in a restaurant. Close the veranda door and the noise goes. The feather in the cap for PEEBLES is however the lovely views over the harbour to Valletta. Simply lovely.

I do not believe in spending large cash on a fancy hotel with all the gizmos when on holiday as I go abroad to explore the country not to sit in a hotel complex.
PEEBLEs is however a exception to the rule. It is reasonable and you get a lot of hotel room for your money and the views( if you take a sea view room) are beyond price.

No doubt some of you who go on holiday to look for faults and complain and demand a refund or reduce costs ( you know who you are) may find faults but I never did as I go on holiday to explore the country not to complain and ask for extras.

Like I said , this hotel is a gem and unusually for me I have already looked into booking this hotel for 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for a Se View room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GRAHAM H
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed in Pebbles for 4 nights at the end of September. We arrived on a Friday and I don't think I was prepared for how noisy the street below would be. There are 3 busy bars in the area and the weekend is for partying! In saying that I bought some ear plugs for the next night and I had no problems. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The room had everything that we needed. It had a large double bed, 2 T.V's a kitchenette, sofa and balcony. We had a beautiful view of Sliema harbour also and it was relaxing sitting on the balcony having a drink and watching the world go by. The apartments are very clean and are ideally situated for the Sliema ferry.

2  Thank ErinTins
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed in Sliema only two days at this "state of the art" hotel. Great price staff extremely helpful and friendly Sliema is very close to Valletta, so good access to the airport etc. Bus access was very good and many resturants and shops in this area. Also a center for scheuuling and arranging tours both land and sea.

2  Thank Cael P
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a one bedroomed apartment in the adjoining block on the 5th floor (1502) side view of the harbour towards Gzira - was all lovely. Friendly welcome at reception - come up via lift at back of TexMe restaurant on first floor - taken to our room through door then up another lift to room - shown everything fully stocked kitchen including full sized fridge/freezer and washing machine - small balcony with excellent views (large enough to put out washing !!). Living dining area with large flat screen TV - plenty of channels in all languages - king sized bed in bedroom with a lot of storage and safe - shower room off the bedroom with sink and toilet (was also further toilet at other end off kitchen). Noise not a problem at all as at the side (did look in a seafront room and was noticeably noisier). Bars underneath and bus stops both ways right outside. X2 from airport 2.20 each way - takes about an hour - weekly ticket excellent value at 12 euros for 7 days travel all over Island. Carrefour (The Tower) Supermarket within walking distance. Air con worked well. All in all an excellent place to base yourself for a visit to Malta - free use of Lido the other side of Tigne Point - shuttle provided or bus or walk (20mins) however we went to end of season closing party last sat so would have to wait till next year for now !! Would def. stay here again. Jacuzzi and sunbeds on the roof have stunning views over Valletta to say the least.

Room Tip: Rooms at side would be quieter but go for a high floor if you can
1  Thank ExeterUKMagoo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed in the pebbles hotel for a week last month. We wanted an aparthotel so that we would not have to eat out for every meal. Location wise this hotel is perfect, it is pretty much in the centre of sliema, about a 3 minute walk to the main shopping streets, but very close to sliema ferries and it is on a promenade with restaurants dotted along it. This hotel has 4 restaurants underneath it, we only tried 2, the sushi restaurant was great, but for non sushi lovers don't worry they had a good mix of foods. I tried the Italian also, tre angeli, we only got pizza, chips and garlic bread (hard not to be nice) to take away but it was not nice, so avoid there. There is no pool, and the 'beach' is about a 10 minute walk, but that wasn't so bad. We didn't ave a car but there is street parking right outside. The rooms were spotless, and were very nice, the kitchen was clean with everything we could need for cooking. It is a very stylish hotel, and from our room we could see the capital Valetta, which at night is lit up and is just stunning. The only negative is that I did not receive a booking confirmation, I e-mailed the hotel 3 times, but got no answer so I was a bit panicked we would arrive to no room. Otherwise fantastic throughout!

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor are quieter as there are bars and restaurants underneath
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aktdm
Reviewed September 15, 2013

this contemporary modern aparthotel is fabulously located for buses and boat trips. There are several bars below which all do great food and are popular.
We were given room 503 which is a studio at rear of hotel so had absolutely no noise atall. the bed comfy, fresh towels daily and beds made for us by friendly staff. there is an iron andironingboard, microwave etc all that you need...not that we cooked atall!
negative was the room had a frosted window and so felt a bit oppressive and dark..although spacious..air con was a blessing as soooo hot here in sept...hot tub on roof and sun beds with great views...always vacant during our stay...very pleasant..

Room Tip: back room for quiet but prefer a sea view next time with balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
The Palace
#6 of 28 in Sliema
Hilton Malta
Hilton Malta
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel? Share your experiences!