“A spectacular view and more”

Surfside Bar & Grill
Ranked #39 of 195 Restaurants in Sliema
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I hadn't visited this place for several years despite the beckoning signposting and I still associated it with my University days many moons ago. The opportunity arose only last week and I found that it had received a complete makeover in the interval and now had a striking, sporty and welcoming ambient. We dined on the middle level and had a table overlooking the sea and the horizon. It happened to be a thundery night and the usual views were even more spectacular. The menu is varied and very reasonably priced as the portions are generous. We did not have to wait long for the food we ordered although the place was busy for a Monday night. The dessert was equally original and good value-for-money. The young team was eager to be of service and contributed to making the evening an enjoyable one. I shall definitely not wait long to revisit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have just arrive in malta a few weeks ago. I met some friends last night to watch some football matches. they told me there is this sports bar called surfside, were the food is very good and the matches will be played there. We went to eat there, the place was full up but we were lucky to find one table. We all ate burgers -- the best burgers in the world !!! all the names of dishes are all named after famous football players. our burger was named -- Marco Van basten for a bacon cheese burger made up of a 200g angus beef burger !!
I will definetely go back to watch another match there !!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Discovered it whilst walking along the beach & stopped for a beer, wine. Went upstairs , beautiful view from the glass enlclosed bar. Stayed for bite to eat, food was great & the bar tender makes a really good mojito!! Service was good & friendly, lovely Spanish waiter who was very friendly. Football theme,will try to get there for England v Poland game on Thurs.
overall great find in lovely Selema. Will be going back.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Excellent garlic bread. Onion rings, eatable.
Risotto with mushrooms : excellent !
Ravioli with goat cheese and ricotta : amazing.
Portions are huge.
Go for the local beers, as the wine is clearly not a speciality.
Our spanish waiter was careful, funny and fast.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The sports bar is great and the 180° view of the open sea is nice, however the food leaves a lot to be desired. I should have stuck with the pizza (i took a burger), it's apparently more known for the huge pizzas.

1  Thank Alan A