“Scenic location and varied menu”

Surfside Bar & Grill
Ranked #43 of 194 Restaurants in Sliema
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We dined in the inside glass walled area as there was a cool wind blowing the night we went and we were a little surprised that the menu seemed totally football orientated. There was a massive crack in one of the glass panels so my partner who hates footy, thought we had wandered into some down market bar. It turned out the window was damaged by a storm some time ago and as it was safe to leave, lt was left as a feature, a small notice next to the crack explained all this, although the writing had been too small to see at first!

However, we persisted and I am pleased to say that the food was actually very good.

The waiter was helpful, and patient, especially as we were initially unable to decide whether to stay or find somewhere else. I am pleased that we did stay.

Maybe for sports fans this place will appeal more, for us, it tinted our view a little. With its fantastic location and building design I would like to see it become a little more upmarket.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place seems to cover pretty much everything. Excellent sun lounging area with cool beds, literally on top of the water. Perfect little natural swimming pools carved out of the rock which lead to the sea. The food is excellent...try the Jamesons RIBS! In the evening they have a really cool area laid out for the authentic water pipes, the guy who runs it is Egyptian..so the the real deal! If your a sports fan, then this is the place to come and watch your games too. Loads screens and some great booths too so you can eat and have your own Flat screen TV. Malta isn't very big so if your in Sliema, St Julians side of the Island it's well worth a nice walk down the coast road to check this place out!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Enjoyed the setting and the service. However, they managed to get a chicken wrap wrong-the chicken had hard bits that had to be removed on it which was rather tedious and everything was drowning in a thick and tasteless mayonnaise. Price was ok but overpriced considering that the food was nothing special

Reviewed September 16, 2012

With a prime location on Sliemas seafront with views towards St Julians i'm sure this restaurant is not short of unsuspecting 'customers' but I would advise all to save your money and go somewhere that you will be welcomed and treated with the respect a paying customer deserves.
The staff here were really really rude. Ignorant and surly with bad attitudes that would not be tolerated in the UK. We visited at sunset and sat right on the edge of the terrace, this should have been a pleasant evening. The portions were huge and the food was really good but this was ruined by bad customer service. Head over to Spinola Bay or Valletta Waterfront for great views and proper service.

1  Thank Cathyluv
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was at surfside with my friends and it was truly an amazing experience. The Sunbeds where really comfertably and nice and we were there all day. The service was so quick and lovely food. My friend ate the nicest Pizza I have ever tasted!

I would recomend this place for sure!