“Very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Galeone

Il Galeone
Ranked #19 of 186 Restaurants in Sliema
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Munich, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

It was so nice there.We were sitting inside and it was kind of family atomosphere.The price is absolutly ok.We tasted the fish which was delicious. Recommendation!

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Now I like Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went to this restaurant was warmly welcomed food is great service quick I do not usually like pizza after being here I now have changed my mind. The service manager was lovely highly recommend this place

Visited December 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

What a wonderful little restaurant. I can't recommend it highly enough. I may even go back to Malta just to eat here again!

Visited January 2014
Malta
“Still good after twenty six years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This morning my wife and I were in Sliema doing some shopping, and passing by the Galeone, we decided to have lunch. The last time that we ate at the Galeone must have been about twenty six years ago. It has basically remained the same except that now you can eat outside, basically on the pavement, which we do not like, but inside it's the same with real cloth napkins and table cloths, not cheap paper stuff. As for the food, it is still very good based on Italian cuisine. As for prices, I think that these are very reasonable for the good food that one can have. We both had the beef stroganoff with rice, roasted potatoes and greens which were all very good. We were even served with complimentary bruschetta before the meal. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. Maybe not the ideal place where to go and eat with small children.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank lahamada
Sliema, Malta
“Good quality at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

This restaurant is situated in an area of Sliema well-known to tourists and yet not known for good value establishments. Il Galeone is worth finding. The service was superb and the Mediterranean food is freshly prepared and the ingredients are good quality. My only issue was with the side vegetables, which were rather uninspiring (although complimentary, so best not to complain too vociferously).
Overall, Il Galeone is good value for money and I will certainly return.

• Visited December 2013