“It's a Chinese restaurant, you get exactly what you expect.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Dragon

Red Dragon
Ranked #124 of 185 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“It's a Chinese restaurant, you get exactly what you expect.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

It's pretty standard as far as the food and service goes. Nothing wrong with either.
We had a set menu and swapped one of the dishes without any problem.
The only criticism was a corked bottle of white wine (this is a first for us, sending a bottle back) was put into the fridge with the broken cork plugged back in the top. Maybe they intended using it for cooking, as it was like white wine vinegar but I doubt it.
I would go back if I fancied a Chinese meal again though.

Zug
“Deep fried central”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm guessing that as a take away, this place is OK, but as a restaurant it falls well short of the mark. I ordered sesame Prawn Toast , Steamed Dumplings and 1/2 Peking Duck.

I can only guess that the toast was pre cooked and then dropped into a deep fat frier. The result was an oily crispy dark brown bit of fried bread that was so over fried that you could not taste any of the topping. Dumplings were OK as they only have to take them out of the packet and steam them.

Peking duck, was (I think) 2 small breasts of Duck that again, had been pre cooked and then dropped in a deepfat frier to re heat. The result was bland dry duck.

I would never go back

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ireland
“A dog in the restaurant - awful place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I recently visited Malta for the first time. I wasn't aware that so many restaurants close on Mondays hence we ended up in the Red Dragon Chinse Restaurant in Sliema. My husband likes going to a Chinese restaurant at least once during the week of a holiday so hesistantly I agreed we should try it.
On arrival we were greeted by a lady who, how shall I put it, could have been offering other services given the way she was dressed! I was a bit taken aback but not as shocked as when I saw a dog at the nearby table with two dinners. A small dog on a lead admittedly but two tables away! I should have ran for the door but husband is very easy going and I think I was in shock.

The dog aside, which is surely a health and safety issue, I ordered off the menu as I'm vegetarian and asked if they could do a vegetable curry as most Chineses will do this no problem. The lady agreed yes this was no problem. She took our order and didn't write anything down which I hate in restaurants. Food arrived and it was vegetables with some sort ouf sauce that was not curry! I asked the girl eventually when I flagged her down to the table whether it was curry sauce or what sauce was it and she said no it's a white sauce I think. I feared it was oyster sauce as this makes me sick. So after I told her I had asked for a curry sauce she started to argue with me but then stopped and reluctantly went to change it.

Finally it arrived about 10 minutes later and she basically fired it at me and said there I've changed it. No apology no nothing! Meanwhile it's a tiny portion mostly made up of cucumbers and cauliflower (which are not normally in currys).The waitresses manner was shocking, as if she was blaming me for her incompetence.

While all this was going on the dog was in the corner yelping and shaking his coat. It would have been hilarious had I not wanted our last night in Malta to be a good one.

Finally after I ate a small bit of the overpriced bland curry we paid the bill which I paid in cash as I wanted to get out of the place so quickley and avoid credit card delays.

Never again will I darken the door of this awful restaurant and I would advise you not to either.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank unichick1976
Valletta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing, among the worst chinese restaurants ive been to.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Been to this restaurant about a year ago and it was quite good so i decided to give it another go and order take away. It turned out to be very expensive, especially for the portion sizes, and the food was Really bad. I never leave anything on my plate when it comes to chinese food but this i just couldnt eat. Noodles were bad, s+s pork, beef, duck. There's a much better choice of chinese restaurants out there......oh and i got charged 0.18 cents for the take-away PAPER bag :)

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank AGAleaValletta
Ireland
“A very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

it was a very pleasant surprise to find a chinese restaurant with tasty food, good atmosphere and friendly staff. the choice is excellent, at reasonable value, and they have a special arrangement for car parking nearby which is critical. Well worth a visit.

• Visited January 2012