“Nice experience with a great view”

TemptAsian Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #7 of 189 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai, Singaporean
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Every luxurious hotel needs a spectacular Restaurant and Bar. The TemptAsian Restaurant and Lounge Bar situated on the 9th floor of The Palace Malta offers a new experience in dining. With truly magnificent panoramic views of Sliema and the Grand Harbour, TemptAsian offers a fusion of Asian and Western cuisines in a tropical and relaxing Asian themed settings. With a splendid view of Sliema and the Mediterranean together with a harmonious atmosphere, one can sit and relax by the pool and enjoy a refreshing drink as well as a mouthwatering snack offered at the TemptAsian Pool Terrace.
UK
“Nice experience with a great view”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been to TemptAsian on many occasions since it opened and have experienced their highs and lows.
On this occasion, being July, I had booked a table on the roof from where you get the most amazing panoramic view of Valleta and beyond. Unfortunately, it was very windy and being 9 floors up would have made uncomfortable dining. However, the staff seated us at a table in the window, so we had a great view anyway.
The waiting staff were all lovely being extremely efficient, attentive and friendly.
We chose duck with pancakes etc to start and was a bit disappointed that it wasn't shredded crispy duck more sliced, possibly microwaved duck. I found it a bit unpalatable.
To follow we had King Prawns in a green Thai curry sauce, they were delicious, along with crispy chilli beef, yum. As a side we had Pad Thai.
All the food was delicious but was delivered straight after our starter and may have been sitting under the lights as it wasn't piping hot, just warm.
Next time I go, I will order my main once I have finished the starter.

We finished with drinks outside by the infinity pool with fireworks as it was a festa night.
We had a great evening.

• Visited July 2014
Rev_Manager, Manager at TemptAsian Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear DidsterUk,

On behalf of the Manager of Temptasian Restaurant and his dedicated staff I hereby thank you for placing your comments here on TripAdvisor.

We always strive to do our utmost in order to keep our esteemed clients happy.

With reference to your constructive comments regarding the duck with pancakes, I am disappointed to hear it did not meet up your expectations, rest assured that the issue has been discussed with the Chef and his team.

I trust we may look forward to hosting you on future occasions at Temptasian

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oakham, United Kingdom
“Delicious Asian Food”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food was delicious, served in beautiful surroundings by charming and helpful staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Visited April 2014
Rev_Manager, Manager at TemptAsian Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Keith H,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments and for writing about your experience at the Temptasian Restaurant.

We pride ourselves on the sterling service provided to our esteemed clientele and rest assured the Restaurant Manager and his staff will be pleased to know they delivered satisfactorily yet again.

Looking forward to meeting you and hosting you with us again.

Valletta, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Supercilious food and stunning views.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have been to Tempt Asian countless times. The food, and the service have always been kept to high standards . I would like to thank all the staff for making every visit a special one. Caroline

• Visited July 2014
Rev_Manager, Manager at TemptAsian Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Car0line1974,

Thank you for having chosen to dine with us. You have been kind enough to dedicate some of your time to compliment us on the service and food we have provided during your evening, which we truly appreciate.

Looking forward to meeting you and hosting you with us again.

Uppsala, Sweden
“Nice view, ok food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Temptasian lies on the top floow of palace hotel, with a spectacular seaview, it is worth a visit for the location. We ate there twice during our trip. The food varied a bit in quality, some of it was very good, for example the vietnamese spring rolls, other things were less good (the duck I ordered was a bit on the dry side). The staff were friendly and helpful, but for the price range I had expected a bit more consistent food quality.

Dear Rolf E,

We look forward to welcoming you once again, at The Temptasian Restaurant.

Saint Julian's, Malta
“Stunning Views and Amazing Food”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I had only ever had sushi from Temptasian previously, and only as a take away. However, I dined here last week with colleagues and it was stunning. On this particular day, they had an Indian set menu as well as their usual menu and everything that came out on the table was very carefully prepared, the waiting staff took the time to explain what was what and were generally very attentive. I was so full that I couldn't finish my meal, which made me sad.. Can't wait to dine here again! :)

Dear KatherineCruises,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments and for writing about your experience at the TemptasianRestaurant.

On behalf of all the management and staff at The Palace, I would like to thank you once again for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you once again, at The Temptasian Restaurant.