“Very friendly restaurant with excellent food!”

Fresco's Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 195 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: European, Pizza, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was in this restaurant several times and now I would like to appraise the service and the food there. I experienced the restaurant when going for a lunch, dinner and even coffee and cake and I was very satisfied with the approach of waiters, always prompt to your needs. Food is very delicious, we have tried pasta - I would recommend goat's cheese ravioli and we were also satisfied with Fresco's penne chicken, pizza is also very good. But I would love to point out the main dishes. Me and my family had Rib-eye Tagliata and Pan-seared duck breast and the meat was very delicious, tender and juicy, it was made just the way we wished it. Before I was very satisfied with this cafe and restaurant but after having such a great dinner I was even more impressed. So whatever you are looking for, either have a good coffee, lunch or a dinner I would recommend Fresco's not only for the service, food but also for the terrific view from the terrace and very nice atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

nice food, big menú, many choices, they are very nice people, the location is very good, terrace in front of the bay

Reviewed September 18, 2013

totally the best pasta i have eaten in malta . I had seafood pasta . the seafood was cooked to perfection and seasoned perfect the taste was up there with any of the top italians in the uk . the setting was nice the service was great too . a must to eat here very nice enjoy :-)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

After a month of living in Malta I decided to try Fresco's after passing multiple times. I am not used to dining alone, but Fresco's made the experience unforgettable. I had the Pumpkin Gnocchi and can easily say it is the best food I have had while I've been in Malta. The food came out ridiculously fast, the service was great and delivered with a smile, and the views were outstanding.

The next week a friend came to visit from England and all weekend I was dying to go to Fresco's with him. We were welcomed by Charles who provided excellent service, recommending great things from the menu. My friend tried the prawns at Charles recommendation and they were fantastic. For main, my friend had the risotto which was great, and we had ice cream to finish. All in all we spent 50 euros, which was amazing for how much food we got (multiple drinks too).

If you are in doubt where to dine, please choose Freco's, you will not be disappointed! :)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Don't be put off by the ordinary, bar meal associated appearance of this restaurant. It doesn't have much kerb appeal!

I normally eat outside when on holiday, but as it was a bit breezy tonight we opted for indoors. What a pleasant surprise - it looked like an upmarket restaurant with a lovely sea view looking over to the lights of St Julian and Paceville.

The service was impeccable as well as being friendly. A good tip was left!

A basket of rustic bread and butter was brought to the table, but when I ordered the gluten-free linguine and seafood, a packet of herb + sundried tomato crackers/biscuits was brought out to me instead of bread. A very pleasant and welcome surprise.

As the menu warns that it takes 20 minutes to cook the gluten-free pasta we ordered a bowl of olives to keep us going. It was such a big bowl we didn't even manage to eat half of them!

The pasta was delicious and was covered in prawns and mussels. I wasa warned not to 'pinch' any of thr chips my partner had ordered to go with his huge (over 12 inches) double pepperoni pizza, as they were cooked in oil that had gluten containing items also cooked in it. A very thoughtful comment.

The food was so filling we only had room for a couple of coffees (very strong and black americano, my favourite).

The cost for all of this food, a pint of blue label Cisk and a glass of red? A measly €38! Suffice to say I left more than a 10% tip and yes, we will be back!

1  Thank RomeGirl237