“Simply Amazing”

Fresco's Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 194 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: European, Pizza, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great service and will be coming here again soon :) The music was simply perfect and we were provided with excellent seating

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Homemade fresh pizzas, variety of fresh salads and snacks for lunch.
Great evening menu with fish, steaks and amazing mezze of mini deserts.
Well priced definately worth a visit

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were lucky to get a seat in the glass fronted sea view section of the restaurant. It was a Saturday night and a booking is advisable!

The Setting

Even though we did not have a seat right next to the window it was on a raised elevation and the view was spectacular! The tables are a little large but when the meals came out it was understandable why they were this size as the portions were so big.

The Staff

Our order was taken by Steve, he was very friendly and polite (which was nice as we did notice some staff in other restaurants we quite abrupt). He was also very knowledgable of the meals and wines and was VERY good at his job. There were also other staff who were cleaning our table and bringing out the food. These too were friendly and even though they were obviously busy had time to chat.

The Food

What can I say! I started off with the seared Quail whilst my fiancé opted for the locally caught prawns. It was the first time I'd ever eaten Quail and was very impressed, it was extremely tasty and if I was to go there again I would definitely have it again. The prawns dish was large and I ended up having to help finish it (which I reluctantly had to do!). The prawns were very succulent and full of flavour. For the main meal I had the rabbit which I have every time I visit Malta and this was the best out of four rabbit dishes I have eaten. The taste was sublime, my compliments to the chef big time! My fiancé had the tagliatelly bolognese, she said it was very nice and the best pasta dish she had all week. For desert I had my standard ice cream which they also kindly gave me a bowl of strawberries to complement. My fiance had a selection of the miniture deserts which she didn't really talk to me much whilst eating them so I took that as a good sign!

Overall summary Great Ombiance, Great Location, Great Food & Great Staff!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

the staff looks friendly and THEY HAVE GLUTEN FREE DISHES IN TE MENU, the view is quite relaxing and the athmosphere is nice but there was no table cloth, but we asked a coca and they give us a pepsi and did not declare the difference, only when we asked about the waiter told us it was not a coca cola and did not charge us for, meals are of a good level for Malta, but nothing to remember when back home. Prices in the average.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a two lunches there...I had a ceasar salad (chicken),one of the best I have ever had. The staff were very friendly and efficient. They have a selection of mini sweets at 1.60 euros each, these are a must to try.A nice place to sit in the sun or inside. They even had blankets on the chairs for cooler evenings.(nice touch). Will return soon.

Thank TRAV.TOM