“Be wary and ask about the time spent on the boat”

Captain Morgan Cruises
Malta and Comino Full Day Cruise Tour
$48.03*
Best of Gozo and Comino Full-Day Cruise Tour
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Both me and my partner booked the full day Comino cruise, with the intention of spending a long time at the Blue Lagoon. We paid 25 Euro's each which included transport from the hotel. All in all, the price seemed very reasonable initially, and the sales advisor at St Georges Park hotel was friendly and advised us we would get a significant amount of time at the Blue Lagoon.
This is where it all went pear shaped, when we got up the next morning to take the cruise. As advised, we were downstairs and on the transport by half past 8 in the morning, arriving at the boat for ten to nine. Not bad, however the seating on the Fernandes II boat was extremely limited, and both ourselves and the majority of passengers were left sitting on blue mats on the floor. The boat didnt leave until 10am, and we didnt get to the blue lagoon until half past 1.
As instructed, we were told to return to the boat by half past 3 (so much for a good amount of time at the blue lagoon) and returned to Sliema at half past 5. In total we spent almost 7 hours on a boat, just for a 2 hour visit to the blue lagoon. None of this was mentioned by the sales adviser, and when we complained to the manager, she became very rude and told us "relax, you are on holiday", point blank refusing to aknowledge our issue. After speaking to other tourist reps, they told us we should have had at least 3 hours at Blue lagoon. After complaining at the head office, and also raising the issue that our backs were killing us after being cooped up on the floor for an extremely large amount of time, we were compensated with 2 free city sightseeing passes (again, be wary of these, there are 3 different routes and the pass doesn't cover them all, each route cost 15 euros). All in all we both felt very ripped off from Captain Morgan, and even when asking sales staff at a different hotel they refused to mention how long you would get at the blue lagoon. They also failed to mention that the cruise will take an extended time due to them packing on more customers to drop them off as part of other cruises. Nice of them to mention that it will be part cruise, part taxi.
I would strongly recommend avoiding this cruise, (my back hurt for 2 days after that trip) and if you are taking young children (value for the whole family the booklet and website say) its really not worth your time. An all week bus pass and the ferry cost are way cheaper, and will allow you a lot more time at the blue lagoon which is absolutely breathtaking by the way.

The only upside to the cruise was the captian, who couldnt be blamed for the mis-selling of the cruise and did provide entertaining commentary along the way.

2  Thank Ross W

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a harbor cruise - Which I loved, it was very informative and enjoyable (sit upstairs on the right) I also booked an all dayer around the island and Comino for 45 Euro, I booked the harbor cruise at the same time and thought it wouldn't of hurt them to give it for free like most of the other companies but alas I paid 16 Euros for it. The mini bus was 40 mins late to pick me up from my hotel and lunch was vile. Other than that I absolutely loved it and it was worth the wait, Comino and the blue lagoon are beautiful, when you arrive you are offered another 20min boat trip into some caves, this was another 10 Euros and was worth it. I would deff do it. You get 3 hours in Comino which I did feel was too long.

It was a good day out.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our day trip went to the Blue Lagoon and Comino. We had a great day to sail and enjoyed the ride. The Captain was knowledgable. He shared info about the area and sites during the ride, but wasn't annoying about it. The food is very average, so bring some snacks. We brought some bottles of water with us, which was a good idea. You can take another smaller boat when you get to Blue Lagoon, which I would recommend. It takes you into some of the caves, which is a neat thing to do.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked a day trip from Sliema to Comino and Gozo. The brochure looked nice....... stop at the two islands with swimming and time to spend sightseeing on the islands.
We stopped at Comino.(for way too long) then we boarded to go to Gozo. (That's where majority of people wanted to go) as we sailed, we saw Gozo, and then we returned home.
We asked the captained why we didn't stop and see Gozo, he replied, "I have the right to change destination as I feel necessary" in other words...he couldn't be bothered docking at Gozo.

2  Thank holidayman42
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was taking this cruise for the third time. It's a must for everyone visiting Valletta or Sliema. You get views that are otherwise inaccessible or awkward to get to. In addition, this time we were astonished by the sight of a man swimming in the Grand Harbour with his two dogs, but I don't think this was laid on by the management! As a tip, if you are going in the morning, try for the 10 a.m. sailing, which seems always to get a larger and slightly more comfortable boat.

1  Thank Fleccia