“Awesome Food&Service”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ate here twice, the host welcomed us in, and we felt at home immediately, this was our favourite restaurant during our trip. I've had Fois Gras in several other countries, but never like at L'Artist, it's a must try, the Mixed Sea Food Fury is great, the Duck&Grouper is a great choice also, the portions are more than generous, if not a little too much, the Chef is excellent at what he does. Can't wait to return to Malta so we can dine here again, well worth the money.

1  Thank ArpieS
There are newer reviews for L'Artist

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We'd really been expecting a treat after reading all the great reviews, but found it very average and not really living up to the description of fine dining. The food was OK, but had no wow factor. Little thought appeared to be given to presentation and portion sizes were too big. When I ordered a spaghetti dish with a beef based sauce, I was warned that it was very hot and spicy with chilli - great, exactly what I wanted. When the dish was served to me, I was warned again. My expectations were rising! So, was it hot? Er, no. My husband chose a chicken dish which was like a large portion of KFC with a side dip of peanut sauce. That's peanut sauce with no interesting, say Thai, spicing, just peanut. Steaks looked OK if that's what you want.

1  Thank travelwearyLondon
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Small family run restaurant with excellent food. It is a bit oricey by Maltese prices. it is worth a visit

1  Thank dominic52
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We ate at L'Artist three times during our fortnight (including our last night as a special treat before returning home) and I can't recommend it highly enough. You must book however as it is very popular. It is a lovely romantic restaurant for couples. The manager and his wife are really friendly and helpful and you feel that you are eating in someone's front room because of the personal touch. Food is outstanding. We particularly recommend the spaghetti rabbit starter, the sea bass which I had twice and which was the best fish I had in my whole stay in Malta, the steak (NB if you want sauces this is not the choice for you but the meat is superlative and needs no accompaniment) and the dark and white chocolate mousse desserts. Next time we visit I am going to have the seafood fury which looked superb. I wish I lived nearer!

2  Thank LDreviewer
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The restaurant is limited to around 30 covers on the ground floor so booking is essential. Well worth taking the time to do so as the welcome and food is both relaxed and superb. My wife had a fillet steak (250g) and side dishes of vegetables whilst I had the Seafood platter. No room for a starter and the platter for one would have served two quite comfortably. Loads of fresh mussels, shrimps, clams, volules, squid and king prawns served with a creamy sauce. Just need beautiful home made bread to accompany. Finished with sorbet to cleanse the palate. Varied selection of wines ranging from House by the glass to full and half bottles of both red & white. Constant friendly but not intrusive attention from Gino (the manager) and Steve (the chef) made us feel that nothing was too much trouble. The bill came to $68 incl wine plus service which I thought was outstanding for a meal of such quality. Will definitely go again when we next visit the island. Email reservations@lartist.com.mt

2  Thank Peter M